Numark Mixstream Pro with Windows laptop issues

I’m trying to use a Numark Mixstream Pro (which is now a supported controller) with the latest version of Djay Pro on a Windows 11 laptop. Most things seem ok except the Play button doesn’t work on the controller (or in the software) once connected to the Mixstream. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Have you tried using the Midi learn function?

No, where is this? Not sure how it works but I’m guessing that not being able to hit play in the software once the controller is connected might make it difficult to use this as I assume you use a control on the controller and then mirror the action in the software (as part of the learn process).

Could the problem be that I am using an upgraded version of the software that was originally paid for but which is now out of subscription?

Strangely, if I try to enable DVS, I get the pop-up that says you need to subscribe and then Play starts working! Not sure how reliable that is and not the ideal workflow.

Hi @Jon3, when creating new topics, please do not forget to answer the questions in our template with specific details about your setup not just “iPad” or “Latest Version”. This helps all of our community moderators to provide the most effective support to users with the utmost efficiency. Thanks!

Device Model (ex. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
Version of operating system (ex. iOS 17.3.1):
Version of djay (ex. 5.1.3):
Hardware/controllers used (ex. Reloop Ready):
Hardware Firmware Version:

Can you please try to capture a video of the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!

Yes, sure - I can share a video of the problem but I think I may have worked out what it is. If I change the buffer size of the audio driver the problem goes away but then I get other problems like the jog wheels not being at all responsive. What’s the recommended buffer size? I suspect this might point at my laptop not being powerful enough!

1 Like

Hi @Jon3, this definitely sounds like a performance issue with your laptop. The smaller the buffer size the lower your latency will be, but the more it will impact performance leading to things like sound cuts in the audio signal. Essentially, you need to experiment with the settings by starting with a high buffer size, and testing for sound issues. Then keep lowering it until you hear sound issues. Once you find this point, set it a bit higher to where there are no sound issues. Hopefully, at that level, your latency will still be acceptable.

1 Like