Numark mixtrack platinum fx performance pads modes

Hi all! :slight_smile: i could use a hand with the following:

my mixtrack device comes with 4 pad-mode buttons that change the mode of the performance pads; Hot Cues, Auto Loop, Sample and Fader Cuts

The problem is that only the top 4 buttons of the performance pad actually change between these functions :thinking:; in Hot Cues mode the top pads trigger cues, in Sample mode, the top pads trigger samples etc.

However: the bottom/lower ones always stay the same, no matter what mode i’ve selected :neutral_face: always in the default Stutter, skip, rewind & forward function

Is there a something i can do so that the lower 4 performance pads also change with the mode? so that i can have 8 total queue pads, or 8 total sample pads etc

platform: ipad pro, djay pro with subscription, itunes library songs

The function of the lower buttons do change in serato DJ pro :thinking:

Thank you for getting in touch. In which mode are the pads referring to the mode and in which mode are the pads mapped to stutter etc.?

mode: Cue
top 4 pads: Cue 1-4
bottom 4 pads: stutter, previous, rewind, fast forward

mode: Auto loop
top 4 pads: Loop 1, Loop 2, Loop 4, Loop 8

mode: Fader cuts
top 4 pads: Fader trick 1-4

mode: Sample
top 4 pads: Sample 1-4

Thanks for reporting this problem on the pads of the Numark Mixtrack Platinum FX. Our developers are looking into this. We kindly ask for your patience.

We’ll keep updating this thread with new information.

After checking with development, we found that this is expected behavior. According to the Numark Mixtrack Platinum FX user manual [Pg 5.]:

1. Performance Pads: The top row of pads is used to trigger loop points or samples depending
    on the Pad mode setting. See Operation > Performance Pad Modes for more information.
    The bottom row of pads is used to trigger Stutter, Previous Track, Search Backward, and
    Search Forward:
    • Stutter: Repeats or “stutters” the sample when the pad is repeatedly tapped.
    • Previous Track: Goes to the previous track.
    • Search Backward: Searches backward through the current track.
    • Search Forward: Searches forward through the current track.

We apologize for the inconveniences this might’ve caused you.

However, in Serato DJ pro (competing software) the function of these bottom pads do change depending on the mode

mode : Cue
top 4 pads: Cue 1-4
bottom 4 pads: Cue 5-8

mode : Auto loop
top 4 pads: Loop 1, Loop 2, Loop 4, Loop 8
bottom 4 pads: loop 16, loop 32, loop 64, loop 128

mode : Fader cuts
top 4 pads: Fader trick 1-4
bottom 4 pads: Fader trick 5-8

mode : Sample
top 4 pads: Sample 1-4
bottom 4 pads: Sample 5-8

my ask: can you implement this the same way in Algoriddm djay pro please? or give me the possibility to map them myself?

I would also like this feature to work as it does in Serato DJ Pro. The reason the manual says what it does is it was designed for Serato DJ Lite which only has 4 Hot Cues, in Pro you can have 8. And it works as @erikdepeerik outlines in Pro.

I have re-mapped the bottom row as cue points 7-8 but the button lighting doesn’t work, it would be good if this was sorted properly

Any update on this? :slight_smile:

Hey guys,

We’re happy to announce that support for 8 pad has been added to the Numark Mixtrack Platinum FX in djay iOS 3.7.8, djay Mac 3.1.6.

Let us know if you guys have any other questions/problems with this device.

Cheers, G

Is there a document about this new mapping somewhere.
You say 8 modes, what are they and where? The ones labeled on the controller are obvious, but if there is a shift or secondary layer, its not documented what they do.

With the first midi mapping. Pads 5-8 had the same midi codes regardless of whether you selected "Cue, Auto loop, fader cuts or Sample.

With the new midi mapping you should be able to assign totally different uses for pads 5-8 when you select each of the Cue, Auto loop, fader cuts or Sample buttons.

So. Select “Cue” then midi map pads 5-8, then select Auto loop and midi map pads 5-8 etc.

Hey @Joel_Leggett,

Thanks for pointing out that my comment wasn’t totally clear. I’ve now edited it.

@SteNight explained it magnificently:)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.