Numark Mixtrack Platinum FX with iPad Pro

Hello dear community,
maybe you can help me, I have an ipad pro and want to use it with the Numark, I connected it via the Apple Multiport Adapter and everything works, but it says directly please upgrade to djay pro for the hardware to use, is it normal that I have to buy it ? I also have a Pioneer DDJ-WeGo 3 which I can use in free mode without having to buy anything.

Some controllers are supported by the free version, many others are not. However, this is also stated on the support pages: https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014702892-Which-DJ-MIDI-controllers-are-supported-on-djay-Pro-AI-for-iOS-

but honestly don’t understand the point, a very old pioneer we-go3 does it and a new numark platinum doesn’t do it, logic?

You mention one point yourself: Old device free, new device chargeable. Moreover, it is mostly entry-level controllers that are supported in the free version.
However, only the manufacturer can tell you whether this is really the reason.

Hey @mstylez77,

Please note that the"official djay controllers" are supported on the FREE version of djay. These are controllers where Algoriddim partnered in some way with the manufacturer (Pioneer, Reloop, Hercules, etc). This is the list of currently available controllers supported on the free version of djay for iOS:

• Reloop Beatpad 2
  • Reloop Buddy
  • Reloop Mixon 4
  • Reloop Mixtour
  • Reloop Ready
  • Pioneer DJ DDJ-200
  • Hercules DJControl Inpulse 200
  • Hercules DJControl Inpulse 300
  • Hercules DJControl Mix
  • Hercules DJControl Starlight
  • The Next Beat by Tiësto

The WeGOs by Pioneer should also work.

Hope I could help. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers, G

hello Guillermo, now I saw that I have to buy djay to use it with the Numark Mixtrack Platinum FX, you sent me a list with the controllers that also work in the free version. But I’ve seen that, for example, the Pioneer DDJ 400 in the forum can also be used as a free djay app, but it’s not on your list. Are there any updates now which controllers all support the djay free version on the Ipad?

Thank you

I only need the djay free version, I used it with my pioneer wego without any problems, but I wanted a slightly larger controller, was about to buy the Reloop Mixon 4 because it has a large slot for my ipad pro 12.9, but it is everywhere in the internet that it runs better with serato and only causes problems with ios and djay, is that true or are there meanwhile updates for it

I found the Reloop Mixon 4 that I need now, wanted to go pick it up tomorrow, but I’m waiting for your answer first to see if everything works with the controller

Hi there,

Guillermo is out of the office, and I wanted to make sure you get a response to your questions in a timely manner. You asked if the Reloop Mixon 4 works well with djay Pro AI on iOS (the free version) - from our side, yes it does! As G said, this is one of our official djay controllers which gives you full access to all controls on your hardware.

Please note, however, that in order to gain access to all djay features available in the djay app itself, you still would need to upgrade to the PRO version of djay. It’s been linked already in this thread, but here’s our FAQ with all the information about what controllers are supported on djay Pro AI for iOS:

Of course, personal preference and DJ needs play a role in controller choice as well, so please feel free to do a search in the Community for other threads where others in the djay Community have discussed their own experience using the Mixon 4 with djay, or hopefully others can also chime in here on this thread as well.

Thanks again for reaching out and let us know if you have any other questions!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.