Option (on/off) to have looper start/stop in sync with the play button on either deck

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

If you have looper playing in sync with a track it would be nice to have the looper stop when the track stops or when you manually stop the track. As it is now, if you stop a track you have to stop the looper manually or it keeps on running.

Thanks for the suggestion @Bill_Colletti. Good idea. I have forwarded this to the dev team for consideration. In the meantime, please use the blue Vote button at the top left of this page so we can gauge user demand for this feature. Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m not sure that’s the best idea. A playing looper could be used as a link between two tracks, which would allow for a more discreet and smooth mixing of the tracks.
However, you can add this option to the settings so the user can decide how they want to use the looper. They can choose to turn it off after stopping the track (deck) or not.

Better yet…in addition to a global settings on/off option there can be a toggle switch (on/off) on the deck interface page so the DJ doesnt have to go back into settings when he needs the looper option to stop on/off. Perhaps a description under settings could be “Looper follows stop/play transport control” and on the interface screen to limit precious interface real estate “LF” or a graphic that turns on/off with pressing and the graphic reflects the option selected (Red is off, Green is on).

Thanks for the addition feedback @Zirrex and @Bill_Colletti. I’ve shared this with the devs.

1 Like

I agree with Bill’s suggestion for a stop/start option for looper (I voted for it too), but I woud hope it would be optionnal because most of the time I prefer to have the looper continue while I am mixing in another song. For the moment, I have mapped a button on my controllers to stop/start the looper which comes in particularly handy when I use my Reloop Ready, sitting on top of my keyboard.

As per the looper, I wish there was an option to type in the BPM directly (instead of only being able to use the onscreen slider), and also an option to lock the BPM in so it does’nt automatically adapt. I like how the BPM automatically adjusts to the song that’s playing but when I am mixing 2 songs , the BPM sometimes just goes completely off (even when both song BPMs are synced) :frowning: Really messed up some good mixes) (I think the software gets confused as to which BPM to use between the original or the synced BPM of either track).

So in recap:

• agree with on\off for looper
  • suggest option to manually set BPM of looper
  • suggest to have option to lock in the BPM (but also keep the option to have the software automatically set the BPM )

Staying on the topic of the looper, in another thread, I remember seeing someone propose being able to preview the looper sounds beforehand. I don’t know if this makes sense but would it be possible to assign the looper to a deck, for example deck 3 or 4? That way we could program and hear the looper (with the channel volume down), and bring the looper sounds in the mix when ready.

Finally, a while back I had asked if it was possible to have a few new looper packs added. I still have my fingers cross this will happen, more specifically, a jersey pack, an indian/bhangra pack and an amapiano pack.

Combined with vocal stems, I love this looper for mixing and making remixes and I hope Djay will be able to make some of these adjustments, which would make it easier to use (and more reliable to use when live in front of people).

Thanks.

2 Likes

The ability to type in the BPM would be a great feature. Perhaps just pressing on the BPM can let you enter the BPM manually.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more! Synchronisations can sometimes do the most unexpected things. Even the tiniest little differences after exiting a loop or changing the loop length.
However, we wrote about it, so hopefully they’ll work out these issues in the next updates!

1 Like