Output headroom affecting input gain on channel

• Device model: iPad Pro 11 “
  • Version of operating system: latest
  • Version of djay: latest
  • Hardware/controllers used: Mixon 8

I’m a little confused about something check out the video. Essentially the output head in settings when I change it from none to all the different options it affects the input gain of the channel I’m a bit confused why this is, is this normal behavior?

For some reason, I can’t upload a video.

Hi @Nubium, to share a video please upload it to your Dropbox/Google Drive, enable sharing permissions on the file, then share a link to the file here. Thanks!

Ok.

This is still uploading at the moment. I don’t have very much room on my drive so I’ll have to delete it at some point soon

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-9pAIgu8Y54ZDHYnD8dFzkBUeSNmLD-y

@Slak_Jaw its now uploaded. what do you think?

Hi @Nubium, thanks for the video. That’s super helpful. I’m in discussions with the engineering team regarding this and will report back when I have more info.

1 Like

Hi @Nubium, I spoke with the engineering team and this is expected behavior. Increasing the headroom shows up on every level meter in djay.

So are you saying that in the app when it says output, headroom, it means the output from the app to the controller not the output from the controller left and right stereo outputs?

1 Like

Yes, that is the best way of thinking about it @Nubium

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.