Persistent 'Invalid Selection' Error When Granting Folder Access

Hello Algoriddim Community,

I’m encountering a persistent issue with djay Pro on my Mac. Every time I try to grant the app access to my “Serato” folder, it gives me an ‘Invalid Selection’ error, despite selecting the correct folder. I’ve attempted the standard troubleshooting steps like checking permissions and ensuring macOS’s privacy settings are correct, but the problem persists. Has anyone experienced this and found a solution? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

https://i.postimg.cc/dLWxGYPn/Screenshot-2024-02-07-at-6-11-57-PM.png

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @SimpleSimon, thanks for the screenshots and detailed explanation. I have passed this onto the engineering team to see if they have any suggestions. I’ll report back when I have news.

@Slak_Jaw Thanks for the update and for forwarding the issue to the engineering team.

Hi @SimpleSimon, sorry for the delayed response. The engineering team has requested that you update to djay 5.1.2 and confirm if this issue still exists. Thanks!

@Slak_Jaw

Thank you for your response. I’ve updated to djay 5.1.2 as suggested by the engineering team. Unfortunately, the issue still persists. Could you please advise on the next steps?

Thanks for your assistance.

Hi @SimpleSimon, thanks for the follow up. I don’t have any advice at the moment, but I’ll forward this info onto the engineering team for further investigation. Thanks!

I just encountered this issue when setting up djay for a new mac.

mac mini M1
Sonoma 14.4.1
Djay Pro AI 5.1.6

After giving access the first popup stays, and the next time i open djay, it comes back.
Have not found any files that are unaccessible yet, but the popup is a bit annoying and worrying.

I also tried to manually add “Full Disk Access” and “Files and Folder Access” in Security and Privacy" in System Preferences. No effect.

Any way to get rid of this issue?