Phantom and Duplicate Playlists from Apple Music on Mac

When I load my Apple Music library into Djay Pro AI I get random extra playlists, some of which I don’t have in my iTunes. When I right-click and say “Reveal in Music” it just switches apps and does nothing. Where is Djay looking for iTunes Libraries? It seems like they may be coming from somewhere else.

1 Like

I have the same problem.

Hi there,

My apologies for the delayed reply on this thread. For anyone here who is experiencing this, could you please tell us the following so we can have a better understanding of the issue:

1. What device are you currently using?
  2. Which OS version is running on your device?
  3. Which djay version are you using?
  4. Could you please tell us step-by-step what actions you took in djay that led up to this issue occuring, what you expected to happen, and then what actually happened. If possible, please share screenshots of the issue as well so we can check into this further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

The issue is the way iTunes was split into multiple apps. Open the podcast app, the TV app, etc. and clean up the playlists in those apps.

1 Like

I am having this same issue with phantom playlists duplicating from iTunes. Here is the info requested to get to the bottom of this:

1. Using a Macbook Pro
  2. macOS Monterey version 12.0.1
  3. using DjayProAI version 3.1.9
  4. Please see screenshot of Dj Pro Playlists & screenshot of Apple Music Playlist

PLEASE HELP. Thanks.

Be sure to remove those unwanted playlists from the TV app, the Books app, and the Podcasts app on the Mac

These playlists do not show up on any of those other apps. (unless it’s somewhere I can’t see them)

Any other suggestions?

Hi @jesimixx,

Thanks for sharing the additional information about your setup and the issue. To troubleshoot the issue, could you please try the following steps to create a new library in the Music app by doing the following:

1. In the Music app on your Mac, choose Music > Quit Music.
  2. Hold down the Option key while you reopen Music.
  3. In the window that appears, click Create Library.
  4. Then, please switch back to the original library following the same steps prior to “Create Library”.

NOTE: You can find these steps also on Apple’s support site here:

After this, please try reopening djay Pro AI and let me know if that solves the issue.

I’m having the same issue with duplicate Apple Music playlists displaying in djay Pro AI. I tried the suggestion of creating a new library in Apple Music, reverting back to the original library, then reopening djay Pro AI, but I’m still seeing the duplicate playlists. Here are the specs for my system:

MacBook Pro 2019
Running Monterey version 12.2.1
djay Pro AI v3.1.10
Apple Music 1.2.2.40

I did try the other user’s suggestions of opening Apple TV and deleting playlists there that got carried over when the iTunes app was split. This removed one duplicate folder in djay Pro AI, but there are still other duplicates. (I also checked Books as suggested, but that doesn’t have any playlists in it).

A follow yup to my previous message. I did another test by deleting a playlist in Apple Music. When I reopened djay Pro AI, the playlist I deleted was still displaying in the Apple Music list. So, maybe this is a clue – it’s possible the other duplicates I’m seeing in djay Pro AI are old playlists that I deleted in Apple Music, but later on I may have created new playlists with the same names. In which case, these aren’t really duplicate playlists in djay Pro AI, but perhaps it’s retaining deleted playlists for some reason.

Hi @stephensimon,

Thanks for sharing the additional details of your experience, along with your findings from the troubleshooting steps you’ve already taken.

I’ve sent all of this information to our Development Team to assist with their investigation. It appears that this is a system bug on macOS, and our team has reached out to Apple to see if this can be moved toward a resolution. I’ll update this thread when we have any news.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.