Pioneer DDJ 400 - Adjusting loops manually

I have a question about my DDJ 400. I have set a loop and I am trying to adjust it using the jog wheel. On all the videos I have seen the in out buttons flash when the loop is set and to adjust the in/out I press either button and adjust accordingly using the jog wheel. The problem I’ve got is that on my controller the buttons do not flash when a loop is set and so if i press the in/out button nothing happens, can you shed any light on this and tell me where I am going wrong?

Every button on your DJ controller can be “mapped” to some function. dJay for Mac or iOS brings a built-in default mapping for many controllers.

By default for the DDJ-400 mapping, when a loop is active then the LOOP IN and OUT double and halfe the length of the loop.

Currently it is not possible to adjust the loop position in a fine grained manner. Meaning to shift the loop just a little bit to the left or right.

It is possible to shift the loop by one beat to the left or right. Use the smaller black arrow buttons at the right of the large loop in/out buttons.

BTW: All these MIDI Mappings can be changed, if you want to map these buttons to another dJay function.

What I’m saying is when a loop is active the loop in/out should flash and it doesn’t but in previous versions of DJ pro it did. I plugged my controller into my Mac last night and it was ok on rekordbox. I love the lay out and simplicity of DJ pro and the portability of an iPad

This video shows what I’m trying to do, I just need to know if it’s possible using DJ pro or if I need to switch back to Rekordbox

Yepp. I don’t know for sure if this works on dJay Pro for Mac or Win (maybe probably)

But I know for sure that sadly this does not work in dJay Pro for iOS (on iPad). you cannot adjust the loop start or end position (IN / OUT) manually after they have been set. Would be a cool feature.

1 Like

Thanks my man, appreciate your help :+1:t2:

Hi @Dave_Robinson,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the Algoriddim Forums. :headphones:

Just to add to what @doogie has shared, please note that when using djay to set loops on your DDJ-400, by default we only set the buttons to blink when “loop in” is set. This is done to indicate that the user still needs to press “loop out”. Then when the loop is set, the buttons will stop blinking.

The feature that lets you adjust loops in the manner you described with the controller is not currently available in djay.

Just let me know if you have any other questions. I’m happy to help.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.