Pioneer DDJ-Rev 7 problems listed below

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1):
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2):
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro):

Your question/suggestion/feedback:

Rev 7 doesn’t control the following:
DJays Neural Mix EQ
DJays Crossfader/Crosfader FX
Djay on IOS. It’s useless as both left and right decks play through the left channel.
DJays Pitch. It’s sticky and not smooth as it should be.

Rev 7 doesn’t display track waveforms on the jog wheels.

Hi @DJRedwood, when creating new topics, please do not forget to answer the questions in our template with specific details about your setup not just “iPad” or “Latest Version”. This helps all of our community moderators to provide the most effective support to users with the utmost efficiency. Thanks!

Device Model (ex. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
Version of operating system (ex. iOS 17.3.1):
Version of djay (ex. 5.1.3):
Hardware/controllers used (ex. Reloop Ready):

Thanks for sharing your feedback regarding the Rev 7. I will pass this onto the dev team for further review.

1 Like

Hi again @DJRedwood, can you please confirm that you are using djay 5.2? If not, please update to this version as this should correct some of this issues you are describing.

Regarding the Pitch issue, can you please try to capture a video of the issue to help explain exactly what’s going on, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here?

Regarding the jog wheel displays, as noted in the support exclusions, these displays are not currently supported. Thanks!

Hi,

Yes I am using 5.2.

I had the exact problems before updating, nothing has changed.

I would greatly help and be appreciated if someone at Algoriddim (preferably DJ Angelo because him and I are both advanced turtablists with decades of experience and would use the Rev 7 in a similar manner by putting it through it’s paces) to physically have a thorough mess around on it, adjusting pitch, using Stem/neural EQ and Cross fader FX etc etc (that reminds me of the cue points lights on the finger pads behaving weirdly too) to truly get a sense of my issues. Then he can relay these issues directly to the dev team. I feel that’s the most direct and efficient way of solving this. However I will make video too of all my issues. Overall the best way to describe it is ‘buggy’.

If he is completely satisfied with how everything works, then the problem is on my side, however it’s doubtful because this is my second Rev 7 and my second MacBook Pro and the old and new versions of Djay behaves exactly the same in all combinations. It’s likely a DJay/Rev 7 compatibility issue.

Thanks in advance.

Device Model: MacBook Pro 16 inch M2 2023
Version of operating system: Mac OSX 13.6.7
Hardware/controllers used: Pioneer DDJ-Rev 7
DJay version: 5.2

And the same problems occur when using iPhone with Rev 7.

Device Model: iPhone 11
Version of operating system: iOS version 17.4.1
Hardware/controllers used: Pioneer DDJ-Rev 7
DJay version: 5.2

DJ Redwood

Thanks for the additional info @DJRedwood. I’ve passed this onto the dev team. Please share a video when you get a chance as this is the best way to communicate your specific issue to the team. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Slak Jaw,

I have created videos demonstrating the main issues.

Here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/30a2ysbma9xy97dmvpnay/AOPSJF2Xv7oTlws_SnG4wbA?rlkey=hn30ijgcvpa5sr2trmrlf7tj1&dl=0

Best regards
Red

Thanks for the videos @DJRedwood. This is VERY helpful.

1. Angelo did some pitch fader tests with the unit we have and said everything is performing as expected. Perhaps you need to reduce your pitch % to have finer control? Or maybe you’re experiencing Pickup Mode where the onscreen pitch fader is in a different position than your hardware fader? This can happen when you use sync. In this case the hardware fader needs to be moved to the position that matches the onscreen fader before any change in pitch registers. This prevents sudden large jumps in tempo. If this doesn’t help, can you please share a video to illustrate this issue more clearly?
  2. EQs controlling Neural Mix is coming with the next update (5.2.1). You should install the newest ddj-rev7 firmware on your controller and the newest ddj-rev7 control panel on your mac. Both can be downloaded from the pioneer DJ website. You can activate Neural Mix EQs using shfit + Flanger/shift + Reverb.
  3. Regarding “Crossfader FX also don’t work”: can you please show that in a video too?
  4. Switching to internal mixer mode: what you are showing is expected - “internal mixer mode” is not a setting for you to pick and choose how you want to mix, this setting needs to match what your hardware expects. The REV7 requires External Mixer Mode.
  5. Engineering is looking into the auto loop issues. This looks similar to an issue reported on the REV5.
  6. About audio only coming through the left deck: can you please try “reset to defaults” in the audio devices settings? Thanks!

Hi,

1: Noted thanks

2: Ok I’ll look out for the next update of Djay and I will update my Rev 7 firmware and the newest control panel, if I don’t already have the latest updates.

3: I have already shown it in my video, when Djay is in external mixer mode (original mode) the crossfader on Djay software shows ‘External Mixer’. This effectively negates the software cross fader in Djay, and uses the Rev 7 onboard hardware crossfader, which inturn obviously negates Djays Crossfader FX.

4: Stated above, external Mixer mode renders Djays crossfader inactive (shown in my sent video)

5: Thanks, looking forward to a solution

6: That only happens when I change mixer mode in DJay to ‘internal’, but referring to your point No 4, it should run only in ‘external mode’. When it is in ‘external mixer mode’ the crossfader only uses the Rev 7 hardware fader (behaves as it should with simple cutting in from the edges and both tracks play correctly on their respective sides) but it doesn’t control Djays software crossfader/Crossfader FX which is what I am looking to solve.

Thanks for the follow up. I’ve passed this onto engineering…

Hi @DJRedwood, I spoke with engineering.

• Regarding #3: Unfortunately, the REV7 needs to be used in External Mixer Mode (this is how the hardware is built and we have no control over this). However, since djay 5.2 you can use the Crossfader FX in tandem with the hardware crossfader. Next to where it says “EXTERNAL MIXER” there is still the little dropdown to activate crossfader FX and it should just work.
  • Regarding #5: this will be fixed in an upcoming update.

Hi @Slak_Jaw

Regarding #3: Yes it works, thanks. Wow!
Regarding #5: Thanks, I’ll look out for the update. Also for #2 - Neural Mix EQ.

You’re welcome @DJRedwood. Glad that worked.