Pioneer DDJ Rev5 support

Hi there, what buttons are you wanting to know?

All of them like when you get a manual and it shows what each button does.

Unfortunately unlike VDJ who seem to get a manual out from day 1, Algoriddim just dont seem to do it. Unless itā€™s an official partnership like Reloop Mixon 8. Maybe itā€™s something for the team to look at. Looks like you figured out the select and stem buttons for first four of cross fader effects. Shift plus select changes parameter for transition length. Thatā€™s about it really. Iā€™ve mapped somethings the way I want it. Iā€™ve mapped bottom row pads - Pitch Play, Instant Effects, Stems and Slicer and some other stuff. I also mapped the parameter buttons on mixer to beat jump and shift beat jump length. With top pads and bottom pads got some good combo options.

For those of you that have been using the Rev 5 with djay Pro, how do you like it so far? Itā€™s time for me to move on from my Rev 1 and although I was considering giving the Mixon 8 another try (for a great price) I went ahead and just ordered the Rev 5 now that zzounds has them in stock.

Hi there, I really think youā€™ll love it. I like the integration that Algoriddim have done. Top four buttons are mapped to cues, instant effects and with shift loops and samples. You can also stem split as well. Instrumental on deck 1 and vocal deck 2. Parameter buttons arenā€™t mapped to anything, I mapped them to beat jump. Bottom 2nd layer pads arnt mapped either to anything. I really like the integration. Not sure entirely about scratching as Iā€™m just starting out but it seems ok to me.

1 Like

the scratch function needs to be fine-tuned because that Serato is much more responsive. which value should be set to be better?

This will be interesting to test out for me. Iā€™ve noticed that Serato really excels when it comes to scratching compared to djay pro, regardless of what hardware I use.

1 Like

I like the port for rev5, just needs some mapping for beatjump etc.
1 thing what i notice that i doesnt follow jogwheels correctā€¦
If you want to make mega backspin with loose setting feom platter, backspin stops too early, paltter spins but music starts to play normal.
So im wondering where does it read the info of the spin :person_tipping_hand:t3:
Anyone else found this?

Another was buzzing sound on headphone in a club, it starts distort and then stops, some time clear sound and then it does it again, constantlyā€¦

I have 2 gigs in same club next weekend, and i will try different electric inlets and i will try to figure it out, if the problem is only in that clubā€¦
Its not doing it on my own desk at home :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Hi @Lex_Willer, thanks for the feedback.

1. Regarding the jogwheels, djay does not currently monitor the jogwheel rotation during backspins, so it is expected behaviour for some mismatch between the physical jogwheel spinning and the onscreen waveform movement and audio playback. Engineering is aware of this and investigating options.
  2. Regarding the buzzing sound in your headphones, given that this only happens in the club, it sounds like a grounding or interference issue. Definitely try a different power outlet or bring your own high quality power bar with you and plug into that.
1 Like

Hey there you could map these yourself. I personally map the parameter buttons for best jump forward and back ward and shift parameter for jump length. Really easy to do. Go to rev 5 mapping and press parameter button and scroll down till you see beatjump.

1 Like

So far, Iā€™m loving the way the Rev 5 works with djay Pro. One I have noticed is that the jog wheel doesnā€™t feel the same with djay Pro as it does when I use it with Serato or even VDJ. I mean it works and doesnā€™t give me issues but I feel like Serato and VDJ handle the jogs better. Iā€™ve felt the same way when using the Denon LC6000. I know there are some settings you can adjust in the MIDI settings but I havenā€™t found a setting that fixes this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.