Pioneer DDJ Rev5 support

I know it was just announced but native support for the Rev 5 would be great. The layout looks great for algoriddim with all the included buttons/controls. Also appears to be a class compliant device.

12 Likes

I’m hoping it’s supported as well, I was seriously considering grabbing the Rev1 to use with my iPad setup, but now with the announcement of the Rev5 I’m really hoping it’s iPad compatible :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

It should be iPad compatible and user mappable right out of the gate if it’s class compliant like the manual says. However I’ve read that manually mapping jog wheels is hit or miss so it might not be useable without native support.

2 Likes

Just voted, keen to see if this controller gets added to list of supported hardware. Can anyone here comment on its midi mappability? Eg, do the jog lights work?

4 Likes

Has anyone tried the rev 5 on djay yet? Curious to know what works and what dont.

4 Likes

I’m curious to see when official support will arrive for DJay. My Rev-5 is still on back order.

5 Likes

Noting works for the REV 5 at the moment

2 Likes

Would also like to see the Rev 5 supported. There aren’t enough mid to high tier two channel controllers supported imo. Also has a perfect layout/button selection for djay pro integration.

2 Likes

Thanks for your interest in adding support for this hardware. I have logged this internally with the dev team. Please use the Vote button at the top right of this page so we can gauge user demand for this. Thanks again!

5 Likes

I would also like to use rev5 with your excellent software. Please make the midi map for it soon.

2 Likes

Seems like it should be easy to make the Rev 5 natively supported since the Rev 1 and Rev 7 are, minus the jog wheel display.

2 Likes

Betcha could get a decent mapping if you could get a hold of the official REV1 or REV7 XML files.

Rename the controller in the XML file and see if it’s recognized by djay Pro.

Easiest to do in macOS first, then transfer to iOS.

5 Likes

I Midi mapped every button perfectly… its Midi mapping the Mechanical Jog wheels (the CDJ style) that i cant get right. any ideas??

(i dont care and the info showing up on the wheels i just want the touch response to work properly)

5 Likes

I’d take a look at the Official MiDI Mapping for the REV7 and copy those. And its probably not just one command.

On the FLX4 mapping, there where 3 separate commands per jog wheel that I had to balance to get it right.

2 Likes

I’m on board with everyone, please ad support for the REV 5. Since Rev 7 is already on the list this should be easy , TIA :pray:

4 Likes

never guess what happened today.

(for backstory I just started using Djay pro via Ipad Pro / iOS. only) (no more serato / laptop)

So walked into GC to pick up my Rev 5 case and as im talking about my frustration of having a controller i cant get full use on iOS the days shipment came in and out comes a brand new Mixon 8 pro (which ive been trying to track down). So i guess that solved my Rev 5 jog wheel mapping issue hahahah

Instant Purchase!

7 Likes

Don’t quiet follow but I’m interested since ai have the Rev 5 :sunglasses:

1 Like

Did you mapped on MAC ?
Would you mind sharing the file ? I just started today and there is a user on the Facebook group that says that he got the jog wheel’s perfectly mapped, Maybe he can help you

FB handle quan.leongrae

1 Like

I’ve programmed a lot of things but I can’t get the pad colours to come up.
The CDJ function could also be improved.
I would really like to have everything working because this software is superior to all of them.

3 Likes

Jogs work a mint… you have to go to advanced midi and move the top slider to 1%
And the bottom slider more responsive all the way to the right

You have to do it to scratch and ptich bend.

3 Likes