Pioneer DDJ-SB3 sleep mode - loss of connection

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen): iPad Air
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1): most up to date as of 8/2024 (iOS 17 i think)
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2): most up to date as of 8/2024
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro): DDJ SB3

Summary of the issue:
when i don’t touch my dj controller for about 15 minutes, it goes into some sort of sleep mode–many of the LEDs flash as it waits for me to touch something again. when i come back to the controller and move something on it, the flashing lights disappear and it is no longer in that sleep mode.

but then it seems to lose some connection with my iPad that has Djay Pro on it. for example, the hot cues are no longer lit on the controller. there are other functions that also seem not to work.

i sometimes have to unplug the controller (and stop the music!) and plug it back in for it to work. sometimes i even have to close out djay pro completely (and stop the music, and lose all of the check marks that indicate what songs have already played). please help! is there a way to avoid this sleep mode? or some other fix? thanks! neil

Hi @neilsachs, when creating new topics, please do not forget to answer the questions in our template with specific details about your setup not just “iPad” or “Latest Version” (we need to know actual version numbers). This helps all of our community moderators to provide the most effective support to users with the utmost efficiency. Thanks!

Device Model (ex. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
Version of operating system (ex. iOS 17.3.1):
Version of djay (ex. 5.1.3):
Hardware/controllers used (ex. Reloop Ready):
Hardware Firmware Version (ex. 2.7):

Hi again @neilsachs, can you confirm if your iPad is also going into Auto-Lock mode when this happens? I recommend you disable the iPad Auto-Lock when using djay by going to Settings>Display & Brightness>Auto-Lock> and set it to Never.

Hi @neilsachs, I found this in the user manual for the DDJ-RB. I suspect it’s similar for the SB, but maybe have a look in your manual under Demo Mode.

1 Like