Pioneer DDJ SB3 starts blinking and sound gets extremely distorted

After some time, it various from 5-20 minutes my sb3 controller starts blinking like crazy and the sound gets distorted so badly that it’s impossible to identify the song playing. Anyone else have this problem? I’ve tried both with exclusive mode on and off but the problem is the same with both settings.

I’m using the latest version of djay Pro for Windows on a Dell laptop with Windows 10 and the latest sound card drivers installed. I have not experienced any sound problems in any other applications on the computer and if I disconnect the sb3 and play songs using the laptop keyboard djay seems to run fine without getting into “distorted mode”. Any suggestions that could fix the problem is greatly appreciated!

Hi Jimmy,

we are very sorry to hear that.

Could you send us an exemplary video via support@algoriddim.com?

Thank you in advance. 

If you have any questions or suggestions, or if you would like further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us. 

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hi Lukas,
I have nearly the same problem of Jimmy. After a while (it varies from 20 mins to an hour) the sound gets distorted and I have to unplug my USB controller and plug it back to make it sound good again. I have a DDj SB3 Pioneer with a last generation Dell Laptop and Windows 10.

Do you know how I could fix the problem
Thanks!
Mattia

Hi,
I have the same problem of Jimmy. After a while (it varies from 10 mins to an hour) the sound gets distorted and I have to unplug my USB controller and plug it back to make it sound good again. I have a DDj SB3 Pioneer with a HP Laptop and Windows 10.