Pioneer DDJ-SX3 works well with Djay on Ipad Pro 2020?

Hi!

I have previously used Reloop’s Mixon 4 with an Ipad Pro and Djay but I am considering upgrading to Pioneer’s DDJ-SX3 and use Djay on an Ipad Pro 2020. Does anyone have any experience from this setup and knows if it works well or not?

Thank you in advance!

/Fredrik

I’d like to know too.

Hi guys,

The DDJ-SX3 is not natively supported on djay for iOS due to the controller not being iOS class-compliant. This means that you can have MIDI-control, but the audio (master and pre-cue) won’t work. You can find a full list of natively supported hardware in our FAQ.

This controller is supported on djay for Mac, make sure you install the necessary driver.

I use an iPad Pro exclusively and recently upgraded from a DDJ400 to
an SX2 - it’s natively supported by Djay, works great and can be bought for very reasonable prices on eBay!

3 Likes

Thanks Guillermo.

Oh dang, thanks for clarifying. Does that mean I’m stuck with a non functioning setup?

I understand (and see) that it works as a midi controller but how else can I get the audio out when the lightning port is occupied by the USB adapter already?

Any ideas/suggestions?

Hi @Louis_Oberlander, on iOS, we recommend using one of the natively supported controllers.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.