Pioneer DDJ-SZ sound out issues and other shit things after version 3.8.1

1. Which device do you have?

I have a Pioneer DDJ-SZ, macbook Air

1. Which OS version is running on your device?

Running Big Sure 11.6

1. Which djay version are you using?

Version 3.8.1

1. Please explain step-by-step the issue you are experiencing, what you expect to happen, and what actually happens.

It started with the DDJ-SZ controller would not send sound out from the controller. It just wanted to have sound fro the computer speakers. I could control the decks and crossfader and all other buttons, but the sound signal did not go through the DDJ-SZ. The Pioneer logo does not appear when I connect the computer.

Then I updated firmware and drivers from Pioneer, to see if that helped. But the issue remained, but then the crossfader started falling out (the cross fader has a “!” on it. Have to revert settings then everything goes to shit!), and the system got unstable and started to change midi settings in the controller…For example startet channel one volume fader started to engage some flanger/phaser effects. It says CDJ/XDJ not DDJ-SZ.

Can you please help me asap? I have three gigs from Wednesday and I am totally fucked if I don’t have the issue resolved. It critical!’

Hi @BrassMonkey666,

Sorry to hear about the issues you’ve been experiencing with the DDJ-SZ and djay. I saw that you’ve also contacted us via email, and our Support Team is assisting you 1:1. Please continue the conversation via email with our team and they’ll help get to the bottom of this.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.