Pioneer DJ DDJ-SB3 - Works With Djay Pro 2?

LOL

I think the takeaway is that Algoriddim has been, is and always will be a Mac-first company. djay, and djay 2 and djay Pro were around for Macs for years before they decided to develop for Windows. Its where they started. Years ago, the Apple store carried a djay specific controller in all their locations. At the time it was the only controller they supported.

It takes time to code controllers to be class compliant. Not to mention dealing with the manufacturer to get licensing rights, etc. Most manufacturers do an inordinate amount of testing before giving the thumbs up to the public.

By all means, if you want to blaze your own trail and custom MIDI map through trial and error any controller youā€™d like, its your option. As you can see by the earlier postsā€¦ its time consuming, to say the least.

I do have a SB2, and donā€™t plan on ā€œupgradingā€ because the SB3 doesnā€™t seem like an upgrade. Pioneer added some things, but took some key features away that I actually LIKE with my SB2.

When algoriddim gets into DVS, or supports the DDJ-1000 with the LED screens on jog wheels, Iā€™ll be more interested.

I am a big djay Pro fan - but not about to upgrade to djay Pro 2 until the menu list view problem is fixed. Takes up way too much screen real estate for my tastes.

Actuallyā€¦ There is a pro version for Windows. djay Pro is available on Windows. djay Pro 2 is Mac only. algroiddim tends to release the newest features for Mac first.

Because thereā€™s bno djay Pro 2 for Windows yet. Thatā€™s where the update is.

Hi there,

we are aware of the user demand of a native mapping.

The mapping is on its way, we are working on it.

Stay tuned.

Hi guys,

thank you for sharing your feedback.

We are working on a native mapping and will keep you posted about updates.

Hi guys,

the official plug and play mapping of the SB3 will come with the next update.

Stay tuned, the update will reach you soon.

Thank you for sharing your needs, thoughts, and feedback.

If you have any questions or suggestions, or if you would like further information, please donā€™t hesitate to contact us.Ā 

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi there,

we appreciate your patience and want to apologise for the time passed.

Please note that the update with the native mapping for the SB 3 will be released way, way before October.

Stay tuned the update is on its way.

If you have any questions or suggestions, or if you would like further information, please donā€™t hesitate to contact us.Ā 

Cheers,
Lukas E.

ordered mine today, hope there will be a mapping soon

Keep calm and install the update, its now supported

will you still have to use a powered usb hub if you want to use the sb3 with djay for ipad? (any version) thanks

Iā€™ve mapped mine myself enough to gig with using basic functionality but awaiting a sb3 map so i can use pad scratch etc

I canā€™t use it. Z

Yes, just bought the SB3 but it is not in the list :(. Please add this to DJpro!!!

Good to hear! Keep up the good work!

Please let us know when! My SB3 has dust on the scratchers.

No support on windows yetā€¦

Hello, got my SB3 today and also need the mapping ASAP! Have a ton of events coming up soon that I desperately need this for. Thanks!!!

Any update here? How long do you expect the mapping to take?

Any updates here or should I just buy another SB2? Hahaha