Pioneer DJM S5 not connecting to iPhone or iPad

Hey everyone,

I’m not sure if any Pioneer DJM S5 users have had any issues just connecting with iOS, but I have had zero success.

In the app, it says that no DVS devices are connected and the mixer doesn’t show any signs it’s actually communicating with the iPhone or iPad.

I was told it might be the fireware, so I updated to V1.03. Feeling excited this would solve the issue, I booted up the mixer and connected the iPhone and nothing… no connection. I tried with my iPad and the same, nothing.

The only thing I feel that could be the problem now is that I am using an iPhone 8 and a 2018 iPad…

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed but I still have a little hope some genius out here might have the answer, I’ve just run out of ideas as my technical expertise is limited to turning things off, and turning them back on again.

So until I figure this out, I guess I’ll just keep using Serato on the old laptop…

1 Like

Hi @Tanda,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the djay community!

So that I can better assist you could you please answer the following questions:

1. Which iOS version is running on your iPhone and iPad?

2. Which djay version are you using on your iPhone and iPad?

3. Have you tried using a different USB cable while connecting your devices?

I’m looking forward to hearing back from you and have a nice day!

Hi,

Here’s the specs of my equipments:

• iPhone iOS 15.41
  • iPad 15.7

djay version

• 4.0.9 on both

Yes, I’ve tried 2 different USB-C to lighting port, both offical Apple products.

Just to close this thread, I managed to solve the issue by purchasing an official Apple Lighting port / USB dongle to connect my iPhone to the mixer.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.