Pioneer xdj 700 or Denon LC6000

I’m looking for a pair of decks to use with my controller as decks 3 & 4. I am a long time DJ and have always used the Reloop Contour controllers for this in the past, but they are not supported by Big Sur.

As above, my question is which one would be best? I know both are supported natively in DJay Pro, but I don’t know what the screen does on the xdj 700. Is the touchscreen fully operational? I know this is a simple question, but I can’t for the life of me find a video or review that mentions Djay Pro functionality.

I like the look of the Denon machine but I think it’s vastly over priced for what it is. The jog wheel looks better than the 700 but I’m used to the smaller wheels of the Contour.

I’d appreciate any guidance.

Cheers.

Hi @Archiesbald,

Do you mean the Reloop Mixtour? It is natively supported on BigSur. The Reloop Contour Interface Edition was never natively supported on djay.

The XDJ-700 is fully functional. The touchscreens are also working. However, the detailed waveform is not accessible (this is the case in most CDJs).

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks for the reply, especially about the XDJ-700, I haven’t found any info on this anywhere.

These are the Reloop Contour controllers and even though they are really old, they are awesome. Unfortunately they don’t seem to work on Big Sur.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.