Playing DVS with a single turntable

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen): iPhone 13
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1):
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2): 5.2.3
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro): Reloop Elite / RP-7000mk2

Your question:

Hi there! I would like to practise my scratches using my mixer and a single turntable with DVS and then instant double the track to the other deck. I just can’t get the sound out of the deck that has no turntable attached. I’ve tried to instant double using all 3 different DVS modes on the second deck and I’ve tried to select no DVS for the second deck, but all without success. What am I doing wrong here? :grimacing:

Hi @Len91, are you getting audio into the mixer?

Please make sure you have selected the correct USB input on your Elite (the same as on your working deck / whichever USB port your phone is connected to, A or B). The deck without a turntable connected needs to be set to INT and you need to tap PLAY on the UI.

If you’re seeing the input level meters on the mixer and still no sound, it’s possible you have the reverse switch enabled on that particular channel fader, or the gain down too low (the Elite has a hard cut-off towards the bottom).

1 Like

Oh wow… I thought I tested everything in 2 hours, but I tried your tips and it’s working now! Sorry for the inconvenience :v: I guess my settings on the mixer were not on USB

1 Like

You’re welcome @Len91. Glad that worked!