Playlists randomly have a lot of missing files

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1):
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2):
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro):

Summary of the issue:

How to reproduce the issue:

iPadOS 17…6.1

Ipad por 11 inch 4 generation
Rev 5
Djay pro 5.2.3

When I open djay my plays are in tact all files are normal. Not sure at what point it happens but all of a sudden my playlist that I make using djay are missing the majority of its songs. Fortunately they are correct once I restart the app. It’s random so I can’t reproduce. I just make sure I back up everyday

Hi @Five-0, thanks for sharing the details about your setup.

1. What is the source of music you are using (ex. steaming service(s) or local music)?
  2. If local music, what file format(s) and where are the files stored (ex. internal device drive, iCloud, external drive).
  3. Next time this happens, can you please try to record a video or take some screenshots?

Thanks!

Bet. Next time I will record it… i use tidal & Apple Music streaming. I use mp3 files stored on my iPad. The missing files are from all of the sources.

Thanks for the additional info @Five-0.

1. Please log out of Tidal and Apple Music from within djay and any standalone apps on your iPad.
  2. Then close djay and follow the procedure linked below to perform a Forced Restart of your iPad: Force restart iPad - Apple Support.
  3. After rebooting, launch djay and log into Tidal and AM only within djay and let me know if this solves the issue. Thanks!
1 Like

Hello! It’s been more than 14 days since my last reply. I’m going to consider this topic completed for now so I can focus on others. However, please feel free to respond and we can definitely revisit this. Thanks!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Soundcloud tracks and playlists not loading