Please add iOS Search on External Drives

Hmmmm!
This is an answer am glad came out clearly, however, the request that all of us write to apple support to make “our interest” known to apple that “we want this djay to be able to search external files” in their iPads is something lame of algoriddim to ask of it’s subscribers. VERY lame. It is in your vested interest to push this agenda to apple, not us. We PAY algoriddim, not apple.

Disclaimer: Am not saying my $50 a year is a lot of money to force enforcement of this feature, but rather, that enforcement of this feature could potentially recruit more slots of $50 p.a subscribers AND sustain/hook current subscribers to perpetually renew their subs.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts @Armigo. Of course we do internally push these topics with Apple. I did not mean to imply otherwise. However, I think it’s important for them to hear directly from customers as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the additional info @Armigo. I’ve shared this with the dev team to see if they have any additional
suggestions.

@Slak_Jaw

I’m desperate to move away from traktor after many years as they just don’t move forward where as Algoriddim seem to…… but the library seems to need some serious work ( or workarounds ) if your going to get users from other platforms to …

1. Easily switch from other programs with years of playlists/history. If using a Mac

2. Enable working with Apple ( as they do seem to love djay ! ) to search on iOS ( externally ) which as no one can afford much internal storage due to the price so will always have to probably use an external drive.

Thanks again just a few thoughts … with out this I’m stuck with traktor …. I’ve tried playlist / collection programs like mixo but they promise but don’t deliver with my situation. So frustrating as it’s such a good app/program and I can’t seem to find a solution with my workflow.

Regards

1 Like

Thanks for your input and thoughts @Wayne_Clark. I will share this with the dev team. I personally made the switch from over a decade with Traktor and haven’t looked back since. Obviously there were some adjustments in the beginning, but for me it was well worth it.

I really wanna move over but with so many historical playlists I rely , I would struggle being open format Dj………Thanks for all your help , it’s refreshing to see help and actual interaction with customers after Native seem to have lost there way sadly.

Best wishes to the team !

You’re welcome @Wayne_Clark

@Slak_Jaw can you see if there is a way to recursively add files to the Djay app on iOS. I have a drive that is split into folders for Genres, and there is a hundred, with the music in each one. I can add a folder at a time which is tedious. I wish I could select the top level folder “Music” and it could add all the files in each sub folder.

1 Like

I’ve passed this onto to the engineering team to see if they have any suggestions. Thanks.