Please have Persistent "Play" Mode on Decks

Hi music & mix-lovers,

How do you think about this? Please vote for it in the upper left-corner-vote box.

I would like the “Play” mode to remain active on a deck even when the track has ended.
(Currently, the play button becomes deactivated when the song ends).

Advantage: This new behavior allows all users to easily and rapidly return to a specific part in the outgoing song (e.g., the intro, break, or other sound) simply by pressing one of the cue- or loop pads. This way, it can be played during the outgoing mix-transition without having to press play again.

So the behavior I ask for gives you as user more possibilities for making smoother and more creative transitions. Many users, including myself, have experienced the benefits of this feature in Traktor for years. Implementing it in Djay would significantly improve the workflow and creative potential for all DJs using the software.

If it would create problems for other users, it could be implemented as an option in the settings so that everyone can decide for themselves.

Imagine how much more seamless and innovative your mixes could be with this feature! Your support could help make this a reality for all of us. :pray:

Thank you for considering this suggestion and for your vote! :white_check_mark:

Best regards from the Netherlands

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion @DJ_Big_Blender. Good idea. I’ve passed it onto the dev team.

Good idea. Also it will keep videos loops going too

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Yes. that would be the best.

Thanks for your support @Chris_Gibson !

1 Like

I still need this function madly because it give the opportunity to quickly bring back parts of the song in the transition, even when the song just has ended.

Now the Synchronizing and Play-status of a deck stops immediately after the song ends. Making this persistent give a lot more freedom.

When also doing this with the video-idea of @Chris_Gibson it could make even more users happy.

Hope this can get some more support.

Thanks for the additional feedback on this idea @DJ_Big_Blender. I’ve passed it onto the devs.

Hi @DJ_Big_Blender and @Chris_Gibson, would the following behavior change solve your specific issues?
→ Track continues playing beyond the end if Sync is active

Hi @Slak_Jaw,

Thanks for following up. Since I only would use this Persistent Mode with Sync on I think your suggestion would work fine.

As a long-time Traktor user, this functionality is standard practice for me.

Whether using Sync or not, the key thing to note here is that the outgoing track in almost all cases will still be IN PHRASE with the incoming track, so as noted - if you hit one of the the Hot Cue buttons whilst still in phrase then you can easily repeat certain elements of the transition.

Very handy for those times where you didn’t leave yourself enough time before the outgoing track ended!

I’ve voted for this feature as well.

It’s of zero consequence to me to have to hit “Stop” on a track that isn’t going to have any further audio anymore. However, it has the added benefit of preventing me from accidentally loading a new track into the same deck because until I press “Stop” the deck will be protected as still being “active”.

Kind regards,

James

1 Like

That didn’t work with sync mode active

So, to be clear: only having this ‘persistent-mode’ only with sync-on would not work for you @James_Gillies?

Hi, I am saying that it doesn’t make any difference in particular to me.

Sync only controls the BPM, it’s the Quantize setting that locks the beat if you decide to randomly press a Hot Cue button. If you have Quantize (and Snap in Traktor) enabled, then you can instantly jump back to an earlier part of the outgoing track using a Hot Cue, but it would only work if the track had been allowed to continue playing past it’s “end” perpetually.

So it’s irrelevant to me whether Sync is enabled or not. But I would like the ability to toggle this feature on or off in the settings, similar to how Traktor does it here in this screenshot:

1 Like

@Chris_Gibson, this functionality has not been added yet. We are simply asking the question if this would be a suitable behavior " Track continues playing beyond the end if Sync is active"

Thanks for the additional feedback @DJ_Big_Blender and @James_Gillies