Please update the MAC software to have the MIDI mapping for Vestax VCI-380

Title. That is all. If there is a workaround besides manually mapping it, please advise.

I think it’s up to you to map it.
I just mapped the Novation Twitch, and it didn’t take too long.
Why not help the community out by doing the map and then posting it?

Hi Dan,
Sorry mate, I didn’t mean to sound like an obnoxious know-it-all. That’s the problem I guess when you don’t take time to write your post and rush it.
I’m actually very interested to see how you go with your mapping because your controller and my Novation Itch have some similarities - mainly the 8 pads on each channel - and so I am interested to see how you choose to map them. Also, the VCI-380 is the controller I would have got if I had the cash, as I also spin vinyl and it would allow me to input my 1210, and ditch my mixer. Anyway, what I was trying to say was, I suspect our friends at Algoriddim are very busy right now, what with iOS 6 just around the corner, so we probably won’t see too many new maps for controllers like ours any time soon, so it’s up to our little community to do it and share our experience.

But, in saying this, I think I may have the answer to your question about being unable to map the master volume. I can’t do it on the Twitch either, and the programming document Novation supplies states that you can’t map the master, booth and headphone volume at all. They are controlled only by the controller, as it were. I’m wondering if this is the same for your 380?
What happens when you turn the knob? Does it change the volume or do you get nothing?

If you do solve this problem, and are keen to keep mapping, I’d love to swap ideas on how you map djay features to it. As I said, we both have the 8 pads per channel to play with. I’ve used mine to set cue, cue, loop, and skip, as well as make the bottom 4 fire off instant FX. I can describe this in more detail if you like. But you may have some better ideas on how to make the most of them.
Good luck, and please let me know how you go!

Dan? Helloooooooooo…
Anybody out there?

Excuse me Dan, but where did I say I want to become anyone’s best friend or mentor? And FYI I’m a busy man with a family and kids to feed as well.
I was just offering a bit of friendly chat.
Often happens on forums.
Be assured I won’t bother extending it your way again.

because i don’t know how, sorry. there’s a list of two dozen controllers that are supported natively by djay, including two controllers that are very similar to the VCI 380. I tried mapping it and it doesn’t map the master volume. not much point in going further after that. i emailed algoriddim to let them know that and they just told me to try using a different program to see how that maps the master volume. i don’t really have time or energy to fool around with this. maybe you could do it and help the community out by posting it. since it’s so simple for everyone besides me.

What is with people who assume that if you post something on the internet that means you are obligated to sit at your computer hitting refresh interminably waiting for someone to reply so that you can then become their best friend and mentor.

sorry buddy. i have a family and kids to feed. i really do appreciate the sentiment and detail of your original response, i just haven’t had the time to try it out. i have other equipment that does what i need it to do in order to make money to feed my kids.

lack of time to play around with it is sort of what motivated me to ask the company to just update the software in the first place.

if i get a moment before they do, i will certainly let you know how it went

hey did we ever get resolution to the mapping on the vestax 380?