Post Fader Echo Vocal

Is it possible to have Post Fader effects when using the Vocal selection only?
Whenever I try this, the effect drops off when the volume is removed

Hi @maurizio_T, I just tested this on iOS and couldn’t get post fader FX to work on any of the Neural Mix STEMS either. I’ll report this to the engineering team to see if this is a software limitation or a bug.

1 Like

Thanks Slak, This would be the ideal scenario when using the echo out as sometimes the beat becomes messy and just echoing the Vocal out is ideal

You’re welcome @maurizio_T. I agree.

@maurizio_T

1. I checked with engineering and anything related to Neural Mix is processed first. This is a limitation of the Neural Mix engine.

2. However, if you use the Neural Mix Crossfader in combination with the Neural Mix FX it will be processed Post Crossfader.

3. For example, if you change the FX to Echo Out+ and apply it to Vocals only, then move the Neural Mix Crossfader for Vocals across to the other deck you will get the post fader tail on the Vocal.

1 Like

Thanks Slak,
I tried that although it does its a bit cumbersome to do, Problem is it works fine if you use the onscreen crossfader but if you try to use the controller crossfader, it moves all three onscreen crossfader across.
If there was a setting to allow for only the vocal to crossfader over, then it would work much easier…

You’re welcome @maurizio_T. You could edit the MIDI Mapping for your hardware to map SHIFT+ Crossfader to be Neural Mix Crossfader (3ch: Vocals).

1 Like

Ok just tried that setting, It does work better,
but it just means I need to flick the FX paddle on,
Kill the Harmony and Drums with the pads I have mapped on my rane One
and Shift + Crossfader all at virtually the same time,
Unfortunately Im no James Hype :joy:

Hopefully with future updates they can figure out how to do it, I mean If I can manually do all that, it means it can be done…
Thanks for trying though Slak,

You’re welcome @maurizio_T. Yeah, I realize that’s not ideal. The dev team is aware so we will see what happens…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model M2 Macbook Air 8gb
  • Version of operating system 13.1
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2): 5.2
  • Hardware/controllers used Any / all

Summary: While using manual FX, when using an effect chain and neural mix, the effect trail is pre-fader, despite all other effects being post fader

How to reproduce:
Select manual Effect, choose Echo and use VOCAL as the neural part
Enable the effect and choose 100% wet, adn turn the dial all the way up
Enjoy your echo on the vocals, but when moving the cross fader over OR dropped the track fader, the echo effect stops abruptly.
If you choose Deck mode instead of Vocal Stem, the effect becomes post fader (as usual)

This isn’t new to 5.2 as I have brought it up a while back,
Really would like to have vocal echo effect post fader

Hi @djchase, I’ve merged your new topic with this existing one. Please note that this is a current limitation of Neural Mix and the dev team is aware of this. Please see below for more details. Thanks!

1 Like