Post-Fader Effects on DDJ-1000SRT

The Post Fader Effects cut off completely when I close the crossfader or the upfaders. I can hear them in my headphones when using CUE, but they don’t come out of the main output.

Hi @thecovenantchild,

Thanks for reaching out about this. Could you please tell me the following:

1. What device are you currently using?
  2. Which OS version is running on your device?
  3. Which djay version are you using?
  4. Could you please share a screenshot of the current djay Sound Settings in your djay app? Please find a screenshot of the settings below for reference:

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to hearing from you!

@Emily Thanks for getting back to me. Here’s the info you requested:

1. 2017 Macbook Pro, 3.5GHz Dual-Core i7, 16 GB Memory, 1TB SSD HD

2. macOS Monterey

3. v4.1.3

4. Screenshot attached

1 Like

Thanks for sending that over so quickly! I’m checking this with our Dev Team to determine what might be going on here, and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

1 Like

Hi again, One more request for information from you - could you please send a photo of your controller looking down on the top of it so we can take a look at the current settings on the controller itself? Thanks in advance!

@Emily Here’s the photo of my DDJ-1000SRT (I just added the custom skin 2 days ago)

@Emily Hello! Quick note about this issue: I have the Reloop Buddy and post fader FX work as expected on it when using dJay Pro. I’m learning that this may be a hardware limitation issue, and not software. Do you happen to know any more about that?

Thanks for your patience while I was gathering some additional information about this! Your last post gives us a good clue about what’s going on here, actually, so thanks for sharing that. :raised_hands: The Reloop Buddy works with djay in internal mixer mode, while the DDJ-1000SRT works in external mixer mode.

The DDJ-1000SRT includes its own FX, and so rather than djay controlling the FX on your main output, this is controlled by the mixer itself. This is the reason that even though you had the FX routing settings in djay set to Post-Fader, the mixer is not controlled externally by these settings. I hope this information is helpful for you! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

@Emily thanks for the detailed explanation. It all makes sense now. I believe we can close this thread and mark as “resolved”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.