Pre-cueing only works after three clicks (djay Pro AI on Mac)

Hey guys, I got this problem: Almost every time when I Click on the pre-cueing of a song, the little window with the time pops up, but the song doesn’t start - and the remaining time is indicated as 0:00 - almost as if the app can’t recognize the song. So I have to click two more times on the play-button, then it works.

Does anyone know how this could be fixed?
thx!
Andrea

@anne_senkel

1. I assuming you are talking about the song Preview feature? Please confirm (see below).
  2. What is your music source? Songs stored on the device, songs on an external drive or streaming services?
  3. What Mac hardware, MacOS and djay version are you using?

Hey, yes you’re right. The Preview. I use a MacBook Air 2017, MacOs Monterey 12.6.2, djay Pro AI 4.1.9
It happens with songs on my device, on my hard drive - but also TIDAL streamed songs.

thx in advance!!
Bildschirmfoto 2023-10-13 um 15.32.50

@anne_senkel thanks for clarifying and providing your setup details.

1. In my testing on iOS, the Preview plays almost instantly with songs stored on device (iTunes/Music).
  2. With streaming services, in my case Beatport LINK, it takes a few seconds to play. This is because djay needs to load the entire song into memory before the preview starts. The time for this also varies depending on my internet connection speed.
  3. Can you please confirm that the play delay is the same between songs stored on device and Tidal streaming songs?
  4. Do you have an Apple Music streaming subscription?
  5. If so, can you confirm that your music is properly downloaded to your Mac for offline use and not actually streaming from the cloud?

Thx for your reply! I thought about the loading too, but it happens again with the same songs. And in my case, it is no delay, since the song doesn’t start at all - until I click twice again. It happens like that with streamed and stored songs.

I do not have an Apple Music Subscription. But my songs are all imported from the original CDs, so no cloud or anything.

I just can’t figure out, why this happens… :confused:

@anne_senkel that is very strange. Have you made any changes to the built-in keyboard shortcuts or MIDI mappings?
I recommend you submit a support ticket to Algoriddim from within the djay app.

I have not.
Thanks for the advice, I will submit that!

You’re welcome @anne_senkel. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

1 Like

Hi again @anne_senkel, sorry for the late reply. I’ve been discussing this with the engineering team and they are still unable to reproduce this issue. Could you please record a video demonstrating this issue with both local and streamed tracks so we get a better understanding of the behavior? You can upload the video to Dropbox or Google Drive and share a link to it here. Thanks!

Hi again @anne_senkel, just following up on my previous message. Were you able to capture a video of this issue?

Hi, thx for the reminder. The problem still exists. I zipped 2 videos demonstrating the problem with both local and streamed songs:

I hope you have a solution for me :slight_smile:

Hi @anne_senkel,

Sorry for the late reply. I was away on vacation when you sent the videos. I have just forwarded these to the engineering team for further review and will report back here when I have more news. Thanks!

Hi @anne_senkel, sorry for the delay. The engineering team is still working on this and has some follow-up questions:

1. Please confirm that loading these songs to a deck works with a single click as you would normally expect.
  2. Can you test to see if the preview player in the info side panel of the library also requires 3 clicks to play? Thanks!

Hey, thanks for your answer!

1. Yes, loading works with 1 click, always.
  2. No, the problem does not appear when using the info side panel. At least it hasn’t yet :slight_smile:

Thank you!

1 Like

You’re welcome. Thanks for the additional info @anne_senkel

Hey, the problem has been fixed with the update to djay Pro 5.1.1. At least it hasn’t appeared the whole last night while djing :slight_smile: Thanks!

That’s great news. Thanks for the update @anne_senkel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.