Pre-cueing with Apple's new Lightning to 3.5mm adapter?

Hey I’m new to DJing and djay Pro. I was wondering if the new Apple Lightning to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter would work as a secondary audio output for pre-cueing. Any advice on this? I’m on an iPad Pro.

Guessing you got an answer a while ago but posting a reply for anyone else like me that has the same question.

Can confirm this does NOT work as a second audio output as of Dec 2017. iPad detects the headphones being plugged in on either the native jack or the lightning headphone adapter— and “properly” switches the headphone output to whichever one is last plugged in. DJay 2 does not detect both but rather only outputs to one or the other as apparently determined by iOS.

Oh well. On to one of the supported cables/pre-cuing methods for me.

Tested setup:
2017 iPad Pro 10.5, iOS 11.2, DJay 2 (full version), Lightning 3.5mm headphone adapter from iPhone 7 - all on latest patches as of Dec 2017.

1 Like

I got this working with this cable, the Belkin 3.5mm Audio + Charge Rockstar, which is an Apple approved product.

I think it has something to do with the ability to charge, as when you plug this in as opposed to the 3.5mm audio that you tried this menu comes up in DJay. This allows you to have headphones plugged into the lightning port for precuing and a master out out of the regular headphone jack. Thereby not needing to send a mono signal as you do with the Griffin DJ spitter causing loss in volume.

The only issue is that since the latest update this has all stopped working for me. Although the menu still appears there is no sound coming out of the USB 2.0 3.5mm jack. Please help!!! This setup is far superior to the DJ splitter option, I get that Algoriddim want to sell splitter cables but come on!

See my setup below