Pre-Cueing with DDJ -1000SRT

I’m having issues pre-cueing with my Pioneer DDJ-1000SRT. The upfader for the channel needs to open for me to hear it in my headphones. I should just be able to enable “CUE” for that channel without worrying about the upfaders (cue volume has its own control). Has anyone else had this issue / figured it out?

I don’t have this controller but have you accidentally changed the midi map in any way?

Nope. That’s the default behavior. I even tried resetting djay and starting from scratch, and it’s still like that.

Hi @thecovenantchild,

Sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this recently.

So that I can better assist you could you please answer the following questions:

1. What Mac device are you using?
  2. What version of macOS are you running?
  3. What version of djay are you using?
  4. Are there any additional details you might be able to share with us which may be useful in getting to the bottom of this issue?

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Have a great day!

@NathanielAlgo Thanks for getting back to me. Here’s the info you requested:

1. 2017 Macbook Pro (3.5Ghz Dual-Core i7, 1TB SSD, 16GB Memory)
  2. macOS Monterey (v12.6.2)
  3. Algoriddim djay Pro AI v4.1.3
  4. I also had this issue when I was running Catalina on my macbook. I upgraded to Monterey about 2 weeks ago.

@NathanielAlgo I have been able to figure out what was going on. Even though I set dJay to “External Mixer” mode, the upfaders were still midi-mapped to the software’s internal deck volume controls. I just realized that today at an event, when I switched the view and saw it. Deleting those midi mappings for the upfaders resolved the issue, and pre-cueing now works as expected

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.