Pre cuing not working iOS MIDI mapped A&H XONE:K2

Hi,

Just moved from traktor to djay. Really like it. However, I’ve MIDI mapped a Xone k2, all controls work apart from pre cueing. I can only hear the deck when the faders are up, the deck monitor buttons activate but don’t activate the pre cue?

Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Did you activate the external mixer mode on the djay settings? You can find out more information about external mixer mode here.

Let me know if the issue persists in external mixer mode.

Cheers, G

Hi,

I’ve tried the external mixer setting with the settings below. It works, however as the k2 is a controller, not an external mixer, the cue volume is very, very loud, and you can’t adjust it or the cue mix?

I’ve seen k2 mappings so it must work with djay. Really, hope so, as love the software.

Thanks for your help,

Mark

Hi,

Just to add, having pre cuing on channel 3/4 also doesn’t work, there is no sound at all, just like when using the internal mixer option.

Thanks,
Mark

Hi,

Would appreciate a response? No problem if there’s no fix, I’ll go back to Traktor, but would much prefer if could get the Xone k2 working with djay. Everything works apart from the pre cueing.

Thanks,
Mark

Hi @no1snowyowl,

Our apologies for the delayed response. As we don’t officially support this MIDI device we had to double-check how the device should be set up.

The first version of this device, the XONE:K1 is a MIDI controller without an audio interface. The XONE:K2 does include an audio interface. However, we believe this should actually be used in internal mixer mode. My apologies for the misinformation earlier.

Could you please share a video describing the volume/pre-cueing issues you’ve been having on this device in internal mixer mode? Seeing how the app behaves would really help us identify the cause of this issue. Also, it would really help if you could show what you’ve mapped to the pre-cue actions.

Thanks for your collaboration.

Cheers, G

Also, note there’s a critical firmware update from Allen & Heath from November 2021 [ver. 2.5.0]. Make sure to update the firmware on your device:

For specific instructions on updating the Firmware go to: https://www.allen-heath.com/media/XK2_OFRN.pdf

Hi Guillermo,

Thanks for replying. I’d done the update for the k2. However, good news, I’ve got it working!

I didn’t have the master out connected to a speaker previously, I was just using my headphones. When I did connect a speaker to the master out of the K2, I realised the headphone output was going to the speaker. I swapped around the channels for master and pre-cuing and it now works! So for anyone using a k2 and having problems, the main output must be set to channels 3 and 4 in the djay app, with pre-cueing set to channels 1 and 2. This is in internal mixer mode. I’ve attached some pictures.

Thanks for all your help, really happy it’s now working. Keep up the good work with the software!

Thanks,
Mark

1 Like