Prelistening from within library

Hi guys,

What do you think of adding a prelistening button in the library? I personally find that more convenient while searching for the next track than loading the track, listening for a few seconds and then to go back to the library, loading the next one and so on…

Best,

Ben

That’s a great idea. Currently, I, and assume many of us, (pre) listen to tracks using our iPhones!

Another bump for this much needed feature!
It’s quite a hassle only being able to preview tracks by first loading them…

Previewing the track inside the library would need some sort of easy scrubber though…

This must be the number one requested feature by now :slight_smile:

Great news!

I think the majority of users here want to see it implemented in DJAY for Mac though! I hope to see it in the next Mac version.

This feature is long over due.

I have figure out a work around when using controller. I send all audio for dJay through the controller. Then I use my MBP’s audio jack and a second pair of head phones to preview songs directly from iTunes. It’s kinda a pain to switch between iTunes and dJay but it does allow me to preview songs without having to load them onto a turn table.

It would be great to be able to preview a track whilst in the library, rather than taking the time to load it. Great for when you are quickly looking for something to put on and like me, forget what a track actually sounds like just based on its name.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Preview tracks in library..

Hi there,

This is a great idea… how often do we all still do that now?? We pick up the record, slightly unsure… “Will it work or won’t it?” “Is it the version I am thinking of?” “Is this even the right track??”

So… we put it on a few seconds in and then jump the needle a few times across the record to gauge the tune for the set you’re playing, or confirm that it has got that wicked break you were looking for… at that point you either commit to the record for full cueing, sort out your EQ and so on, or you discard the record back into your box and carry on hunting.

So a “Preview” mode of some sort that would let you rapidly make a decision on a track would be a really cool feature.

Thanks very much.

Kind regards,

James

I wish there was some sort of resource they updated that let us know what they are currently working on. This is a great idea

Hi,

We’re proud to present djay 2. This feature is now implemented in this new version.

I hope there will be a way to preview a track when surfing for your next song, by pushing the button down, after arriving on it, and then scrolling the knob left and right, to advance and back up the position of the music you are listening to. If you have to load the track, then listen, then go back to search, on different versions of a song, or to listen if the song is suitable to play next, it gets cumbersome

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Pre cueing, before you load a track with scroll button, push down to listen in headphones.

Yes, I agree, I have stopped using the controller for now, because a lot of things are missing.

i agree with you all.
really necessary…direct to the cue would be a fine feature

You read my mind :slight_smile:
Great idea
Would be a big improvement

AS FAR AS I CAN SEE IT’S WHAT SEPARATES IT FROM BEING CONSIDERED AS A PRO SOFTWARE. NOW THAT ITUNES ALLOWS FOLDERS WITHIN THE PLAYLIST IE CRATES.
ANDERS I HOPE YOU ARE READING IT’S A FEATURE THAT HAS BEED ASKED OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Oh yes it will be very cool if this function is added!!! Thanks.