Prime 4 vs Prime Go output volume

Hi

I have both the denon prime 4 and prime go. Thing is is there is a massive difference in the output they produce when using DJAY - Prime GO is so much louder as in majorly louder on the same settings as the Prime 4 - Prime 4 is very low and I have to turn up my amp which I’m sure I shouldn’t have to do.

Anyone experience the same thing or know what’s up with this?

Thanks

Hi @Sunny, I’ve forwarded this onto to engineering to see if they have any suggestions. In the meantime, can you confirm that the volume on your iOS device is set to the same level when connecting the Prime 4 and Prime Go? It’s possible that this is automatically changing when you swap between the two.

I don’t have access to the Prime 4 or Prime Go right now, but you might also want to dive into the settings menus to see if you have a limiter enabled or different headroom settings.

1 Like

Hi I can confirm the volume is full on the iOS device for both and also all the limiter settings are the same.

I made sure of this as I also thought maybe the settings need tweaking but it’s the same. Prime Go just thumps hard and loud like it should while the prime 4 output is very weak and I have to really increase my amp to get it to the levels without pushing the in built mixer. I’ve always noticed this on the prime 4 but it wasn’t until the new integration with the prime go that I was able to do a like for like test and it’s day and night difference. Would love for the prime 4 to sound this way as it’s my main on the road setup.

Okay, thanks for confirming @Sunny. This sounds like an issue with the Prime 4. I have already forwarded this to our engineering team to see if they have any other suggestions though.

Thanks for your response.

It can’t be an issue with the prime 4 as I also tested it on my second unit also a prime 4 (I have 2) and the same issue occurs. I also tested my friends who also complained of the same issue and got the same results.

One thing to note I have the original Prime 4s not the Prime 4+ and all tests were conducted on ten first version of the prime 4.

Thanks again and appreciate the quick responses this far.

I forever just thought it’s just the way it is but then to hear the sound on the prime go I felt hmmm this is a bit weird.

Sunny

You’re welcome @Sunny. I didn’t mean to imply an issue or problem with your Prime 4, more that it is likely just how the Prime 4 output levels are in general.

1 Like

Hi @Sunny, I spoke with engineering and they had the same suggestions that I had. Seems this is likely just the way the Prime 4 output levels are. Perhaps you could reach out to Denon support for more details on these two devices?

1 Like