Problem Hercules Inpulse 500 and DJay with Tempo slider

HI,
I am writing to report a problem with the DJay that I purchased today and my Hercules Inpulse 500 console.

In deck 2 only, the tempo slider malfunctions when I invert the slider from the MIDI setup.

I recorded a video for you to understand, you can see it at this link:

As you can see in the video, the left works fine but the right displays weird and looks random. A “ghost cursor” also appears, which does not happen in left deck 1.

It is very annoying to work like this. I would also like to point out that the same console works perfectly with other software such as Serato, etc. so it’s not a hardware problem.

Thank you!

Sorry to hear about the issues you’re experiencing with DJay and your Hercules Inpulse 500 console. It’s possible that there may be a compatibility issue between the two, or there may be a bug in the software. Have you tried reaching out to the support team for DJay or Hercules for assistance? They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue or provide a solution.

The problem has always existed and also depends on what mode you use the app in (Standard or Pro) and how you orient the iPad (portrait or landscape). Fortunately, this is only a cosmetic problem, which does not affect the functionality. But of course it’s still not really nice.

Hey @netdalay

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for your first post :slight_smile:

We have received your support request and responded to you via email. We look forward to hearing back from you there to troubleshoot further.

@Chris_R - In this video, the issue only happens on one deck. Is that the same for you as well, and is it also the same deck if so?

Thanks in advance, and have a great day!

A little late, but now I had the opportunity to try it out again. Yes, if I make the settings as in the video, it looks like that with me, and also only on deck 2. However, I have the switch invert normally also disabled. So if I move the tempo slider down, the title becomes faster, up slower. On the iPad it is displayed in the opposite way, at least in the selected view. This doesn’t bother me anymore, because I usually display the waveform, so the tempo slider slides up and is displayed horizontally, and then the display matches the movement.