Purchased iTunes Match and still having problems with DRM

I have the same problem too and have iTunes Match. The dJay app used to work fine without the DRM message. What is the solution? I’m an active mobile DJ and use this app for the cocktail hour but with a bunch of songs with the DRM protection I can’t play half of them!

Unfortunately no. On my iPad, I had to delete the song from the iTunes cloud and re download it. Pain in the you know what but it’s the only way to get around the DRM nonsense. I don’t think I have all the songs converted yet either. I download songs on iTunes through my iPad first then download them on my MacBook Pro. Not the other way around or you get the DRM error on the iPad. I know. Pain in the butt!

Why does this app even care about drm? It’s so stupid. Many DJ’s use downloaded music that’s legal and use it for Jailbroken phones. Ever since you guys implemented this stupid check, it crippled the functionality. There was no reason on your part to do this! None! You don’t own the music… or do you?! Why on Earth would drm have mattered to you guys?

There is no help or response from the creators on this. They don’t care. They are swinging from Apple’s n*ts and are helping to protect Apple’s interest… plain and simple, there is no other answer they could provide that will read as honestly as that. They implemented DRM to keep us from using our own music, which has now bit them in the arse because even music that meets their criteria wont’ work sometimes. I used to love this company, now I’m wishing someone else made something comparable so I can leave them high and dry. It wasn’t cool to implement this and not even mention it. People upgraded having no idea it would completely cripple their program. Great job guys… way to go.

Whoa, an employee!

Instead of going through countless hours of back and fourth research, why not just remove the DRM check? It’s completely pointless for you guys to implement that. There has to be some behind the scenes corporate handshakes going on for that to have even remotely mattered to you guys.

We are responsible for the music we have on OUR devices. Your program just needs to do what it was meant to do and not be a legality guardian.

Lukas,

I appreciate your time and response, but you’re missing the problem here. We aren’t trying to use DRM protected files. We are trying to use music that isn’t protected, but isn’t purchased through iTunes. Many of us have jailbroken iPhones, which was deemed legal here in the United States. We are using tweaks like PwnTunes to add music to our library’s, which your application sees just fine. However, when you attempt to play any of that music, you get a error that it isn’t DRM protected and therefore cannot be played. Now, the greyed out album originally brought up in this post, I cannot tell you what the problem is with that. But I believe a majority of people who are upset with you guys are using jailbroken devices and trying to use their own music and not what was purchased through iTunes. This used to work fine, till your DRM check was implemented. That was the only point in which 100% functionality was broken. Simply removing that feature will restore the application to it’s previously awesome status.

I think this will be a trend with people who can’t get the application to work like before. I’ve found a couple other apps that look promising. They just don’t have the quality of interface. But, if I can’t use my music than a sexy interface means diddly.

Hi guys,

is it possible that you uploaded your library to iTunes Match?
Could you tell us the format of the files which are greyed out and see if they are in a different file format than the “working ones”?

Our apologies.
Cheers,

Lukas E.

Hi Spirit,

we know this is frustrating but at the moment there is no way to support DRM protected music. We are sorry for that and will let you guys know if there are news regarding this topic.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi allahna,

we are sorry to tell you but at the moment we can’t support Apple Music as a third party application.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hey Felix Bck,

we know this might be frustrating, but please note that we are not supporting Apple Music.
Also you can mix any song you got stored locally on your device and we are also supporting Spotify.
So if you want to use a streaming service consider switching to Spotify :slight_smile:

If you still want your money back, please contact the Apple App Support as they are managing the refunds.

If you have any questions or suggestions, or if you would like further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us. 

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hi I am having the same issue! Is there a solution somewhere?

I’m in Australia and am trying to play music downloaded from apple music and it is not working due to the DRM according to the popup.

I think I’m just going to have to cancel my Apple music registration, and probably have to go to a different DJ software …

Cheers,
Allahna

Thanks Lucas,
I will sort something else out.
All the best
Allahna

Hello,

New on Djay. Ok a great app but…
Same issue as read here above. As ar as I understand, nos solution…
Although in the past, I used Spotify and t worked perfectly!

I am a iTunes user and have a Music subscription @Apple.
Now, I cannot load the songs that effectively bought in iTunes.
All the other songs won’t load…
Even if I have them local on my mac.These songs appear in grey.
An error message says there is an issue with DRM and the website says I should have iTUnes Plus subscription… Don’t know what it is. What I have is iTunes Match.
Can anyone help me?

I think most of you guys din’t get the technical problem:

It’s called MATCH, because apple looks through your music files and MATCH the files that are existing in apple libary. These files won’t be uploaded, they are played from Apple’s libary. So they got DRM for shure

Only files that are not in the libary are uploaded and used for you. So this can be the problem…

And for shure: You can’t switch of a DRM check… otherwise it is senseless for Apple and the Music Industry. That’S the nature of protection :slight_smile:

Okay so I bought dJay Pro for my iPad for 9.99€. I pay 9€ or something like that for Apple Music every month. And do you know what dJay Pro wants to tell me? Do you want to know what this app wants to tell me? It says that only one(!!!) of my more than 1000 songs on my iPad works. Why the hell did I spend 10€ for this??? To mix ONE song with itself? Yes, I tried deleting all songs and redownloading them and yes it took me a very long time and after that? Well, nothing. Still only one song available. Now its not the same song as it was before but it’s still just one song. And why should I spend 10€ on an app which lets me mix ONE song with itself?? May you explain this to me because I don’t understand it! The problem already exists for several years and what do you do against it? Right, nothing! I’m very frustrated with this app and I wonder why it is still in the App Store and why it even won a fancy award from Apple. Because it just doesn’t work in the Apple-Ecosystem. I’d love to get my money back and buy myself something that works.

And will there be Apple Music Support on the near future? Like one year?

https://de.surveymonkey.com/results/S…
I mean it looks like many people would like to see it. And other apps already have it. Let’s wait and see and if I don’t see anything I’ll… be sad or something like that?

I’m having same problems and it don’t matter if you have iTunes plus same problem…I bought a Beatpad 2 and new iPad just for djay and now can’t play anything???