Question on Sessions

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen): Ipaid Pro 12
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1): 17
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2): 5.1
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro): Mixon 8, Beatpad 2

Your question:

I’ve read through a couple of threads on here. I’m still in practice phase regarding scratching. So there are a few beats that I use and a few different scratch samples. I notice in the session view on the top left of the navigation pane, it’s sorted by date. That’s cool. But is there a way to make a playlist like for instance Practice and throw my 2 commonly used samples in there? I did see a thread on exporting to excel, but that doesn’t really tell me much. Of what use is exporting a session to excel? I want to create and name playlists with the samples in there, instead of going by date and trying to find the ones I used.

Here’s what I’m talking about with the excel export. Of what use is this?

1. First navigate to My Collection within the Library
  2. Then at the bottom, choose History
  3. From here you can select your Current Session or any previous session
  4. Finally, you can export the playlist as a CSV

Hi @kfarrell70,

1. Why don’t you simply create your playlist in the Playlists tab and add your samples there?
  2. The Sessions tab is basically an automatic playlist created every time you play more than one track in djay. Its purpose is to give you a history of your set playlist for every DJ session. You are not meant to create custom playlists within this tab.

I created this playlist and added one file to it, but I can’t figure out how to add another file to it.

@kfarrell70, go to the song that you want to add to the new playlist and select the 3 dots on the far right “…”, then Add to Playlist.

1 Like