Rane four crossfader issue

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Hello! I’ve attached a photo and video of what’s happening regarding the controller.
I just bought the rane Four yesterday and I’m trying to figure out whether the issue is with the controller or how the controller interacts with the software because I also have a pioneer sr2 and a pioneer FLX10 and they work just fine with dj pro. I also have 2 MacBooks that’s 2021(m1 pro) & 2023(m3 pro).
the issue is that when I move the fader from L or R, the sound goes thru on the other side/channel as u can see on the video. I’ve tried different variations of settings and nothing seems to work. And if u can tell on the video the R channel doesn’t produce sound when fader is toggled fully on the right, it does when I slight center it. And from what I understand I’m suppose to have channel 3-1 on L & Channel 2-4 as u can see on the photo. I’ve addressed this issue on Algorridim pages on FB as well to find a solution, users offered suggestions but non seem to work. And I know my way around the software but can’t seem to figure this particular issue out.
Also the pre cueing doesn’t switch automatically when I toggle the faders.
I just wanted to double check with u guys whether the issue is with the unit b4 I ship & replace it.
Thank u for your time and hope to hear back from u guys soon. The video is on the link

1 Like

The SR2 and the FLX10 both use software mixing, so the audio config is master/headphones.

The Rane Four uses the hardware to mix, so needs to be set to external mixing, where each deck goes to a separate mixer channel. You can’t use a master/headphones setup.

BTW the Google link doesn’t work.Access denied.

2 Likes

Thank u so much. I’m gonna try that. I wasn’t aware that that’s how it was. I used to have a rane one as well and it wasn’t the case on that. :slight_smile: thank you so much.