RANE FOUR DJAY pro

Great News. So I have another Question. The rane has the option for scratch bank (I think only in serato), not used in djay. My idea is to map this to instant fx function in djay. It works really well, and also on the small displays it shows “instant fx1 - fx8” is written - but not the name of the effect. Can you tell the team, if it is possible to display fx name (maybe I little function in the Midi file)?

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion @djsepp. Good idea. I have forwarded this to the dev team for consideration.

2 Likes

The sync button LED does not light up.

It’s easy enough to edit the map to make it light up.

1 Like

I tried it with latest version djay and Rane firmware and integrated Midi mapping. Sync buttons light up. Maybe you can try to load the default Midi setting.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: RANE Four Backspin Bug

In the FX selector, with FX software selected, channel 4 is working with the parameters of channel 2 and channel 3 with the parameters of channel 1.
I hope it will be fixed in the next update

This should easily be corrected in the midi section

2 Likes

Is there a possibility of releasing the MIC 2 buttons for mapping?

The acapella button is not working correctly, it keeps bass and harmonic enabled.

the instrumental button only works the drums. @Slak_Jaw

Hi @Pedro_B, thanks for the details about the mapping issues you have discovered. I’ve passed these onto the devs. In the meantime, can you please share specific details about your setup not just “iPad” or “Latest Version”? Thanks!

Device Model (ex. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
Version of operating system (ex. iOS 17.3.1):
Version of djay (ex. 5.1.3):
Hardware/controllers used (ex. Reloop Ready):
Hardware Firmware Version (ex. 2.7):

@Slak_Jaw
My setup:

Device Model: Macbook Air M2 - 2023
Version of operating system: MacOS 14.6
Version of djay: 5.21
Hardware/controllers used: Rane Four
Hardware Firmware Version: 1.7.0.8

Thanks for your setup details @Pedro_B. I spoke with engineering and software FX only working with the 1/2 is a known hardware limitation. They are looking into the other issues you listed.

I just want to thank the DJPro Team and all the people in this chat for helping get the Rane Four operating.

I was the biggest proponent to get this working and of course when the big reveal announcement came out I was offline on vacation for a couple of months since June. I’m back online and will stop using Serato and return back to DJPro which my option is the best software of the two. Thank you again will be using it once I settle in.

You’re welcome @The_Shadow_DJ. Thanks for the positive feedback! I will share this with the team :grinning:

Good day, everyone! I am attempting to connect to my Rane Four, but only the mixer works. The deck controls are not functioning. When I press the deck select button on the controller, it flashes but does not select a deck. When I plug in the USB, it brings up a menu to select the audio output, and I can select the Range Four. What am I doing wrong? Is there something else I need to download?
Version 5.2.2 Mac. 2021 Pro M1 Mid Gade 16gig ram

No it should work out of the box. Be sure you have installed the latest Firmware on your Rane Four (https://cdn.inmusicbrands.com/rane/four/RANE%20FOUR%20Firmware%20Updater%20For%20Firmware%201.7.0.8%20(Updater%201.1.6).dmg)

And you can try it in this sequence. I figured out some Problems if the Rane is connected if you start your Mac:

• Unplug USB Cable and turn off the Rane
  • Restart your Mac
  • Start your Rane and wait until it is start (10 Seconds)
  • Connect your USB Cable
  • Start Djay Pro and check, if the Rane uses the build In Midi Settings

Greetings DJ Sepp

That was it; I did not install the firmware. Oops! :laughing

Yeah sometimes it could be so easy to fix :sweat_smile: Wish you great time with the Rane - I love it :heart_eyes: