RANE FOUR DJAY pro

Are the commands midi mappable?

Hi. I use a Rane Four. It works for 95%. What dosn’t work:

• Shift&Cue = EQ Button Neural Mix (Should work with new Firmware)
  • Sample Names in the small Displays on the right Side are wrong
  • Sampler to Channel 4 Button Don’t work
  • Split Stem Buttons can not be Disable

The Shift & Cue button gives you a Midi Feedback. But the EQ Knobs dont.

1 Like

Oh hopefully there’s a fix to that in a future update…
On the Rane One, approx. 95% of the buttons/dials are give a midi command,
The same with the Denon Prime Go

@Slak_Jaw & @NathanielAlgo Do you know, if the Team already know this Bugs?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Issues with RANE Four

Having issue with Rane Four midi not being found on my iPad but audio has no issue

1 Like

Hi @Erick_Heikurinen, please note that the RANE Four is not supported on iOS or iPadOS. This device is not USB Class Compliant so it is not compatible with iOS/iPadOS devices. However, we encourage users to reach out to the hardware manufacturer and ask that support be added for iOS/USB Class Compliance via a firmware update. Thanks.

Hi @djsepp, thanks for the follow up on this. I have passed this onto engineering to see if they are aware of the issue and if not, if they can replicate it. Thanks again!

1 Like

Hi again @djsepp, I spoke with engineering and they are aware of everything you listed.

• Shift&Cue = EQ Button Neural Mix (Should work with new Firmware): Will be supported in 5.2.1
  • Sample Names in the small Displays on the right Side are wrong: Is being worked on
  • Sampler to Channel 4 Button Don’t work: This is a known limitation
  • Split Stem Buttons can not be Disable: Will be fixed in 5.2.1
2 Likes

Great News. So I have another Question. The rane has the option for scratch bank (I think only in serato), not used in djay. My idea is to map this to instant fx function in djay. It works really well, and also on the small displays it shows “instant fx1 - fx8” is written - but not the name of the effect. Can you tell the team, if it is possible to display fx name (maybe I little function in the Midi file)?

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion @djsepp. Good idea. I have forwarded this to the dev team for consideration.

2 Likes

The sync button LED does not light up.

It’s easy enough to edit the map to make it light up.

1 Like

I tried it with latest version djay and Rane firmware and integrated Midi mapping. Sync buttons light up. Maybe you can try to load the default Midi setting.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: RANE Four Backspin Bug

In the FX selector, with FX software selected, channel 4 is working with the parameters of channel 2 and channel 3 with the parameters of channel 1.
I hope it will be fixed in the next update

This should easily be corrected in the midi section

2 Likes

Is there a possibility of releasing the MIC 2 buttons for mapping?

The acapella button is not working correctly, it keeps bass and harmonic enabled.