Rane one and Djay - cue point jump

Hi guys, just when things were starting feel a bit more solid whilst using the Rane one (great work on acting on the community feedback!) I think I’ve found a bug in the latest djay for iOS update.

Essentially, I want to be able to go to a cue point of a song, hold the control vinyl, press play to get the platter beneath to start spinning ready to launch the song from that cue point by releasing the vinyl.

Now what happens is when I press play, despite holding the control vinyl, the song plays approximately one beat forwards. This is making various mixes extremely difficult, particularly when beat juggling.

Here is a video to demonstrate:

I’m on djay version: 3.8.4

iOS: 15.1

It seems this issue was introduced after djay version 3.8.2

1 Like

Although you gave me some homework to do, l couldn’t replicate the issue with my Rane…

I can’t remember which iPad you are using…

I recently upgraded my iPad 6th Gen to iPad 9th Gen and the main difference l have found was that Neural mix is triggered immediately when l use it as opposed to being delayed with the 6th Gen…

I might dig out my 6th Gen and see if l can replicate your problem with that…

Ah thanks for checking, I’m on an iPad Air 2020.

Also I did a hard restart on the iPad, it seemed to work for bit (I.e the issue went away) but now it’s still doing it

1 Like

Hey @Private_Repress,

Very good catch! We are sorry to hear we missed this in the last update.

I’ve notified the team about this bug and they’ll try to fix this as soon as possible. We kindly ask for your patience while they do so.

Thank you guys again for your collaboration :slight_smile: @maurizio_T. I’ll keep you posted.

Cheers, G

2 Likes

@Guillermo I’ve also noticed that frequently if I back spin a playing song back beyond its start point the platter stops spinning all together. This really is making beat juggle and scratching very difficult. Expected behaviour would not be for the platter to stop unless I hit the stop button

2 Likes

Hi @Private_Repress, I’ve noticed that as well and I believe our engineers were working on a fix for that. I’ll check and let you know as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Yes @Private_Repress, they are aware of this and will be fixing this soon. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your patience on this matter.

Let me know if you find any other issues.

Cheers, G

2 Likes

Thanks @Guillermo much appreciated

1 Like

Hi @Guillermo just wondering how this is progressing? Sorry to chase but I’m finding the software issues are rendering the equipment useless at the moment for any sort of beat juggling and scratching where the cue point is is the first beat of the track.

Seems 3.8.5 has fixed the issue :clap:t2:

I had to do a couple of restarts and seemingly the behaviour is now as expected.

Thanks @Guillermo for taking on the feedback

Tell a lie it’s still doing it

Hi @Private_Repress,

We are sorry to hear that you’re still experiencing this. I was under the impression it would be fixed in this new update. However, this update [ver. 3.8.5], turned out to be mainly to add support for the Denon SC-5000.
The issue mentioned in this thread was therefore not addressed in version 3.8.5. However, I feel obliged to let you know that this will be fixed in the next major update. Please note I can’t share more information about the update or the timeline. But I’ll make sure to notify you all here when the time has come.

We apologize for the inconveniences this bug might be causing to your workflow.

We really appreciate your patience and collaboration in this matter.

Thanks for your understanding.

Cheers, G

1 Like

Speaking of updates, hopefully the next update will have the Key Lock left in the On mode as default…
Another question I have and hopefully you can answer it as well…Is it possible to have the Channel Gain signal as a kill as well like the Eq?
I’m not sure if this a Djay issue or the Rane One (or hardware) issue…

2 Likes

Hey @maurizio_T,

It would be great if we could keep the conversation on each thread constrained to the bug/feature initially reported/requested.

There is this open thread regarding the gain-knob characteristics:

And this other thread requesting to have key-lock on by default:

It would be great if more people would comment on the gain-knob characteristics. @Private_Repress, We’d also value your feedback there :slight_smile:

Cheers, G

1 Like

Hey @Guillermo is this still being worked on? I’ve tried using a MacBook Pro m1 and the issue is apparent on there too. Even with the latest update it remains.

Anything you can do to expedite this matter would be much appreciated

1 Like

Anyone else using a Rane One able to chime in on this? Was really hoping it would be fixed by now. It’s not been working properly for over 4 months - to me this is a foundation feature - nothing fancy just fundamental functionality

2 Likes

Yes , I just bought a rane one to specifically use with this app, and it is definitely still doing it, the only thing that’s making me want to go permanently to virtual DJ and discontinue using this app , please fix it!! Please! ?? 🥹

1 Like

https://youtube.com/shorts/mIDcirE_54Q?feature=share

3 Likes

Hey guys,

Our team is aware of the importance of this and they are working on fixing this in a coming update. We kindly ask for your patience. Thanks for your understanding.

3 Likes