Rane One Motor Off Feature

I wish the motor off feature would be added to djay.

2 Likes

There is a crude work around to make this work.
With the motor off, Press and Hold a Cue button, then Press Shift and release both and the track will play but the platter will not spin.
Pressing Start/Stop button will stop it

2 Likes

Thank You Sir. I’ll try it.

@maurizio_T will it continue to stay off while having djay open and does it have to be done everytime djay is launched?

It has to be done every time you load a new track to the deck,
I have to add though that the platter becomes inactive in the sense that touching the platter wont give you a scratch feature or nudge feature

1 Like

Good to know! I’ll just leave them on then. Beats having to do it everytime on every track.

1 Like

I only discovered that feature/function by accident and don’t really ever use it though.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion @MontyJoe. I’ve sent this to the dev team for consideration.

Also, thanks for the workaround option @maurizio_T

Hi again @MontyJoe, can you please confirm if the Vinyl Brake FX in djay would meet your needs or if you want to actually start and stop the moving platters from within djay?

No I want the platters to work as a regular jog wheel.
Like in Serato press motor off stays off.

Okay, thanks for clarifying @MontyJoe

How do they work in Serato? When the motors are off, can you still use the
Platters to nudge/ scratch?

2 Likes

Hi @MontyJoe, the engineering team has some follow up comments and questions:

1. With the motor off in Serato the platter is set to pitch bend/nudge mode while the song is playing and enabled for scratching while the song is paused.
  2. Can you please confirm that this is the behavior you are looking for?
  3. If so, can you also confirm why you would want this behavior and what problem it solves (ex. is your motor broken? Do you want to avoid the ramp up when the motor starts)?

Thanks!

2 Likes

I would like to have that feature if it were available…
No sure if it is related but with the Rane One, If I press a Cue pad and then press Start/Play, sometimes there is a slight micro stutter.
When I do my work around, it doesn’t happen

In Serato yes. With motor off they work as a regular jogwheel nudge and scratch like any other controller.

That’s why I’m begging!!!

2 Likes

Ok then I wouldn’t mind that either

1 Like

Thanks so much for driving this forward, exactly that motor off feature I am waiting for to buy Rane One for my Djay workflow (mainly to have it 100% silent when preparing sets)

2 Likes