Rane One: Track stops when opening large playlist

• Device model *(e.g. ipad pro 11
  • Version of operating system *latest
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2): latest
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro): rane 1

The track that is playing out, will stop after reading a Large folder

How to reproduce the issue: make sure you have a large folder on your ipad, say 300 tracks. Play a track on a deck, then access the large folder. It doesnt do it on small folders, only large ones. When you access the folder the screen is blank with a little symbol in the middle, once it has read the contents, the existing track that is playing will stop, then it displays the contents of the folder.

It only happens when you access that folder for the first time but it happens every week. So my workround is to go into every folder at the start of a gig before and music is played.

Hi @David_Bielby, thanks for the detailed description of the issue.

1. Do these playlists contain songs from streaming services, local music stored on device, or local music stored on an external drive?
  2. Can you please try to capture a video of this, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? This will help to clearly communicate things to the dev team so they can try to replicate the issue. Thanks!

All the tracks have been downloaded to my ipad and are stored on my ipad.

Dropbox

It only does it when the rane 1 is plugged in, if i am just using my ipad only, i can do the exact same thing and it does not stop playing thectrack.

Thanks for the video and additional details @David_Bielby. This is very helpful. I have forwarded this to the engineering team to see if they can reproduce the issue. Can you please also confirm if you are running the latest firmware from RANE?

Hi again @David_Bielby, the team was able to replicate the issue. I’ve been told this will be fixed in an upcoming djay update. Thanks!