Rane Performer EQ Knob Issues And More.

Device : Macbook pro M3 14” Nov 2023
Djay : Latest
Hardware : Rane Performer

Anyone use the Rane Performer? I cant seem to get the updater to recognize the Rane plugged in to update the firmware updater. It stays as No Rane Performer device was found. The Performer is on and lit up but not recognized.

I know its not a Djay issue. I downloaded drivers. Just seeing if anyones has had the same problem. Not even showing in midi devices in mac settings.

Is it a Sonoma 14.6.1 issue?

Hi @MrG, make sure you connect the Rane directly to your computer via USB cable. Do not use a hub or any adapters.

Yeah im directly plugged in via usb cable. Im beginning to think its not compatible with sonoma 14.6.1

1 Like

Ok i kind of got it working now. Went through odd steps to get it semi going.

I have questions though.

Do i run it on internal or external mode?

The eq knobs do not move on the screen.

They do show in the midi section to map, they react within the list showing its a function.

Thats as far as i got tonight. Will check out everything else tomorrow.

Hi @MrG, glad you got it working. I’m pretty sure the RANE Performer is an external mixer device like the RANE Four. When used in External Mixer Mode the onscreen mixer controls will not react to the hardware.

2 Likes

Thanks @Slak_Jaw ! Yeah so knobs def not onscreen. Which is fine, they still work. Heres someother issues I found just to add.

Crossfader contour doesnt work and in the menu settings it doesnt change while twisting the knob on front of controller. In midi mapping, twisting that knob has no type of action to it.

No Automix which is due to being set in external mode. Just in case anyones wondering before they make the purchase.

Tomorrow i will retest the shift function on certain buttons. There was a few that didnt respond. But ill recheck.

So far everything else is working very well!

You’re welcome @MrG. Thanks for the additional feedback!

1 Like

No problem @Slak_Jaw ! Just doing my little part to help the Djay community.

So one other thing to add is changing display on jogwheels using shift + beat jump forwardor backwards doesnt work either.

Thats pretty much everything I can find.

Djay works well with the Performer :metal:t4::sunglasses::metal:t4:

1 Like