Rane Twelve Mk2 and Rane One - Cue Points are slipping out of positions.

Hi did you manage to get a fix for this issue? I’m using the rane one with an iPad and experiencing e same problem. An example would be queuing up the first beat to the 12 o’clock position. I hit play and use the tape marker to get back to that first beat after a few revolutions it’s slipped to the 1 o’clock position.

It’s making beat juggling near impossible :frowning:

Hi guys,

I’m experiencing significant cue point drift whilst beat juggling.

Current set up is:

Rane one controller
iPad Air 2020
Latest version of Djay

Essentially I’ll set the cue point with the rane one deck vinyl marker at the 12 o’clock, so the down beat kicks from that position. After a bit of back spinning and scratching, the cue point is progressively slipping from the 12 o’clock position to the 1 o’clock position. It keeps going the more as I carry one. This is making it near impossible to beat juggle and scratch accurately.

I’ve raised a ticket with Rane to see if it could be hardware related, but I suspect it’s the software?

1 Like

This sorted the problem out for me… at least it confirms it’s not the hardware. All jokes aside I really don’t want to go to serato. Just thought I’d test it. No cue point slipping.

1 Like

Hi guys,

@Fernando_Midi, unfortunately, I wasn’t able to find your video in our Dropbox folder. What name did you give the video? Could you please try re-uploading it?
@Private_Repress, feel free to share a video of the issue occurring as well. Having a clear view of the problem helps a long way when it comes to diagnosing the error.

Hope to hear from you guys again.

Cheers,G

3 Likes

Yes I’ll make a video today and send it in. The easiest way to reproduce it is to constantly pause the record whilst it’s playing. This will move the cue pint backwards from 12 o’clock position.

@Guillermo Here is a video demonstrating the issue

If you need anything else please let me know.

2 Likes

Hi Guillermo…
I uploaded a few times but even reaching 100%, the page doesn’t update, the upload never ends.

I put it in a Private way on youtube.

1 Like

I just received my MKIIs yesterday and ran into the same issue, but what might help is placing the provided spacers / washer from Rane underneath the slipmat. I feel as though the MKIIs come with a lot of friction outside of the box which cause them to drag the platters.

Not sure if this actually solves the issue, but it’s worth a shot. I have 3 spacers underneath my mats but have not been able to test enough. Below is a video of what I’m talking about:

Update I checked quickly with and without the spacers and while they do reduce the drift somewhat, unfortunately, there still seems to be drift…so not sure what to think. Next step is to test with Serato and compare

1 Like

@Guillermo @Fernando_Midi Can confirm no drift with Serato either! Really don’t wan’t to switch back to Serato again though…

Hi guys,

Our developers are looking into this problem. We kindly ask for your patience while we work on a solution for this. Thank you for your understanding.

I’ll keep you guys posted with any news about this. We hope to fix this soon.

Cheers, G

3 Likes

Thank you for looking out for us scratch guys G–really appreciated!

3 Likes

In this last update of the APP, 3.7.7 I already noticed a considerable improvement. The Cue points remain longer in their positions. I appreciate the effort of the team.

Yes! This behavior should be fixed in the latest update (3.7.7.on iOS & 3.1.5 on macOS).

Let us know if you guys ever experience anything similar again.

The problem still exists on 3.7.7 for me :frowning:

Hey @Private_Repress,

We improved the precision and reliability of these RANE devices again on the latest Mac (3.1.6) and iOS (3.7.8) updates.

Let us know if the issue is still present for you in the latest version of djay.

3 Likes

Thank you @Guillermo, after a quick 15 minute session before work this morning it appears the 3.7.8 update has fixed the cue point drift! I’ll test more extensively tonight and report back. Thank you for attempting to address this issue!

2 Likes

@Guillermo also are you able to confirm exactly what has been tweaked for the rane one? I can see that the performance pads now also have the double feature set, ie pressing hot cue once enables the pads to jump to a cue point, pressing hot cue again alows to jump to a cue point with an immediate loop etc. Would be great to know what else has been changed?

OMG! This new 3.7.8 update made the accuracy of the Cues much better. I got carried away in training. Once again I leave my sincere thanks for the attention given and to the entire team. :pray:

1 Like

Hello folks. I’m new here and only recently jumped on. But I have the same problem as you describe here in this thread, that I have an enormous cue drift when scratching and beat juggling.

The cue always drifts counterclockwise and i’ve tried almost everything. Spacer ring under the plate removed. Other slipmats. High- and low torque. USB directly in the hub of the mixer, as well as with a powered USB hub, or directly to the laptop.

Besides, the fans of my computer always go very high. Accordingly, the temperature of my CPU is always quite high (over 100 degrees Celsius.)

After a longer time of playing, then mostly nothing works anymore. djay Pro no longer responds to my Twelves. The waveform only jumps forward and backward briefly when the plates start and stop.

My System: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) 3.1GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB 1867MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536MB

macOS Mojave 10.14.6

djay Pro AI 4.0.2

My setup: Reloop Elite with Firmware V1.06, 2 x Rane Twelve MKII connected via the USB hub of my Reloop Elite

Can anybody help?