Rane Twelve Mk2 causing Sync issue..

My Setup is a pair of Rane Twelve Mk2 and a DJM S11, which has an excellent response on Djay Pro running on an iPad Pro M1. But in the last versions of Djay I’ve been having problems when I use Decks in Sync because one Deck has interfered with the rotation of the other when I stop. So we have: Deck A playing normally, I load a Track to Deck B and go into Sync, I do the mixing and when I stop on Deck A, with Sync activated, it interferes with the rotation / BPM of Deck B. On the contrary, too it happens. Deck B playing, I enter Deck A in Sync and when I stop Deck B it interferes with the rotation / BPM of Deck A. This only happens when Sync is active and only with the Rane Twelve Mk2… I use the APP with a DDJ-Rev1 and no problem… I also recently used it with a DDJ REV-7 and it didn’t have a problem either. I also noticed that the TWELVEs lose the Decks selection made initially, when we select Deck 1 / Twelve from the left Deck A and Deck 2 / Twelve from the right Deck B. We select the appropriate Decks and when continuing to play and load the next Track, they lose the selection and the 4 Deck buttons are flashing. Motorized platters aren’t really easy to adjust but we’ll make it. @Jru @Emily

This is a problem that is really bothering me. Some information?

Hi @Fernando_Midi,

We’re sorry for the delay and for the difficulties you are experiencing!

So that I can better assist you could you please answer the following questions:

1. What version of djay are you using and has this issue occurred in the past?

2. Is this issue easily reproducible so that our development team can test it?

3. If not, are you able to share a video/screen recording of the issue so that our developers can have further insight into the matter?

I’m looking forward to hearing back from you and have a nice day!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback Jru. So, I don’t know exactly since which version this occurs, but I know for sure that since 4.02, which was when I started to observe more closely, this occurs. Only with Sync between decks active. With the sync off everything goes normal. I also noticed in my use that when the SAMPLER is active and the Decks are in sync with the Sampler, the error does not occur, because in my opinion the sampler would work there as a “Deck Master” always. I mean, Sync Master. And I think the way is there. When only Decks A and B are working, we trigger the sync and do the Mixing, it seems to me that they don’t know who the “Master Deck” is to keep the BPM unchanged. But when Sampler or Looper are active together with Decks, everything is ok! I repeat that this error only occurs when I use my Rane Twelve Mk2 and not with Rev-7 or Rev-1 for example. It also doesn’t happen when I’m using it in DVS mode. Today I updated to version 4.0.12 and it still has the same error. Regarding the tests that the team will do, the error is easily reproduced because it is enough to use the Twelves in USB mode, deck A and B , turn on Sync , let it play for a few bars and trigger the stop of one of the Decks and the problem occurs. .

I can confirm my Rane Twelve MkII on Deck B speeds up pitch/tempo through the app when set to the middle

1 Like

Thank you both @Fernando_Midi & @DJ_Norm for the additional information!

I will report this to our developers for additional insight and I will update you on their findings!

We apologize for the inconvenience, and we thank you in advance for your understanding. I hope I can be the bearer of good news sooner rather than later!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.