Rational between Load Double

Hello,

I’m using a 4-channel external mixer and attempting to utilize the Load Double feature across 4 decks. My goal is to duplicate tracks from Deck 1 onto Deck 3, and from Deck 2 onto Deck 4.

I’m curious about the logic the software uses to determine which track is selected for duplication. Is there a way to manually choose the track’s source?

I appreciate your insights on this.

Hi @Allen_rich, welcome to the community. This is a good question. I tested this out myself, and it seems that Double predominantly pulls from Deck 1. I’ve forwarded this question onto the engineering team to see if they can shed more light on how the logic works with Double.

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you sincerely for your feedback! Please inform us of any further insights you may have. It appears illogical to me that Double predominantly draws from Deck 1, and I believe it might be a bug in the application.

Best regards,

Hi @Allen_rich here’s the explanation from the engineering team:

“Load Double” currently doubles the song from what we internally consider the “master deck”. The logic that is used to determine the master deck goes like this:

1. Find the loudest deck that is in sync mode and actively syncing (e.g. not scratching or slipping)
  2. Otherwise find loudest deck that is playing
  3. Otherwise find loudest deck that has a song loaded

The volume of a deck is determined by considering both the crossfader and the deck’s line volume.

I hope that helps!

Hi @Slak_Jaw , appreciate your feedback. I’ve noted the points about internal mixing. Could you elaborate on how the logic operates within an external mixing setup when using DVS?

@Allen_rich you’re welcome.

1. Yeah it’s the same logic, which means in that case it might not work quite as expected as djay won’t have access to the crossfader / line volumes.
  2. However the checks for Sync Mode and playing should still work, which I think should be sufficient in most cases.
  3. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for how to improve this logic in this case and I can forward it to the engineering team for consideration.

My suggestion would be to have something similar than Traktor Pro:

Two Options:

1. Duplicate Track Deck A and assign it to B / C or D instead of having Djay to define the logic for which track to duplicate. From a midi mapping perspective:

Duplicate Track Deck A to B
Duplicate Track Deck A to C
Duplicate Track Deck A to D
Duplicate Track Deck B to A
Duplicate Track Deck B to C
Duplicate Track Deck B to D
Duplicate Track Deck C to A
Duplicate Track Deck C to B
Duplicate Track Deck C to D
Duplicate Track Deck D to A
Duplicate Track Deck D to B
Duplicate Track Deck D to C

1. Ability to select Master Deck A / B / C or D as a source

Midi Functionality:
Select Master Deck A
Select Master Deck B
Select Master Deck C
Select Master Deck D

Would be awesome if you could add this small update

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this @Allen_rich. I’ve forwarded them to the engineering team for consideration. Personally, I’d like to see the ability to manually select the Master Deck. This would be useful for other situations as well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.