Really ? Are there no Modifier in MIDI mappings available.

I am just wondering if I am missing something or if this is really not an available functionality in MIDI mappings.

I would like that a certain mapping is only valid under certain conditions. If you know Traktor Pro this is covered with modifiers.

I would see MIDI mappings in Djay very limited without such possibility.
Unfortunately I had first to start a payed subscription to find out that this is not possible :frowning:

Unfortunately, djay doesn’t have MIDI modifiers yet like in Traktor. There’s a suggestion thread here from 2020 where you can vote for this feature. The most advanced thing you can do with MIDI mappings from within the djay mapping editor is to assign the same control to multiple functions.

1 Like

Hi @Slak_Jaw thanks for letting me know. I just wanted to vote on it but unfortunately it is already closed. I would have said there is not much hope if its already requested since 2 years ago. Should not have been to difficult to offer such a basic functionality in an app which is considered to use AI to split music into stems. :slight_smile:

It’s in the XML and actually has it. Just no UI for setting it up …

Pity.

Open a request. I will vote on it. Perhaps this time it will get proper attention.

Hi @Kaloyan, I did not dig deeper in the XML for now but if I know there is a chance to make it work I will try first. We don’t know how long it will take if this feature will be included in the UI and I guess since it needs to be done for macOS, iOS, Android, Windows it may take some longer.

I will let you know how it worked out for me and may open a request at a later time if required.

Thanks !!!

There’s already a request for this feature over here:

2 Likes

Thanks @Slak_Jaw, just voted on it.

Lets see how many years it will take and if the feature will one day arrive :slight_smile:

1 Like

djay currently offers the ability to map one modifier key available under:

• General > Controller Shift Key

Once you map this to your “SHIFT” button, you can then add extra mappings for controls simply by holding the SHIFT button and pressing/moving the respective control.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip @Anders.

@Anders, thanks!

Yet, most controller have two shift buttons on each side, which are actually different buttons for each of the decks. Additionally, with layer change (Deck 1/3 vs 2/4) we get even more Shift buttons per single controller. I have Denon MC7000, but I remember other controllers having this multiple Shift buttons.

“Controller Left Shift” + “Controller Right Shift” would be a very simple approach indeed.

Ultimately, Modifiers & states are the most powerful way to go. Fact is that it’s supported in the mapping engine and in the XMLs. Just no UI for setting and evaluating modifiers and states.

3 Likes

Exactly! I could be wrong, but I believe that was the point of this original post. Not just a Shift Modifier.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.