Recording on djay problem

While I see the information here about AIF conversion… this shouldn’t be the “best” way to handle this. I want my mixes to be at their “best” for audio quality. But I do have to edit after the fact. Being forced to convert to mp3 in itunes, then load it into editor, and reexport is not a good way and adds extra levels of compression, sound modification, and loss. What is wrong/different about the AIF format Djay/Djay2 has used here? I load it into audacity and others, and it’s all loaded wrongly level centered/biased causing the “constant noise”/overdriven-clipped sound. Has anyone come up with anything else other than this lossy re-re-conversion to “get it to work”?? Sure, it plays/replays ok from the app, and sure it can be converted all over the place and back thru itunes…but it shouldn’t have to be, to make use of the mixes outside the ipad. This has actually happened with all versions of djay now, and has been the biggest reason I’ve not made more use of djay/2 as a serious mixer.

probably for copy protection purposes… maybe, lol

lind ross i con jeremy doan

Hello ? No news on that ? 8 month ago ? Two years ago ?

I also would like to know what is done to that aif file, and why ! And obviously, how long should we wait to one day have the option of recording HD ?

Thanks for an answer… quick ?

That’s a huge help Matthias, it looks like this still hasn’t been fixed in over a year!