Rekordbox XML native integration for track metadata (cues, loops, etc)

Hi, as a windows user we can’t use great 3rd party tools like DJCU. Also tools like Mixo copy rekordbox data into the MP3 tags on my laptop hard drive resulting in causing my backup software (Backblaze) to go crazy with 100gb updates each time I copy meta tags from rekordbox to serato for import into Djay.

Feature request: using the ‘share files’ feature in iTunes, allow users to upload their rekordbox.xml file to Djay iOS. Then add an option for users to use the rekordbox.xml file to overwrite their Djay meta tags (cues, loops, key).

This would be a killer feature as I use rekordbox for my primary library management and preparation tool because I frequently have to play on CDJs at clubs. However I prefer to use Djay when doing solo gigs with my own rig.

I’m happy to volunteer my rekordbox xml to Djay devs for testing and development.

Thank you for considering this feature.

Thanks for the suggestion @craig3! Good idea. I have forwarded this to the dev team for consideration. In the meantime, please use the blue Vote button at the top left of this page so we can gauge user demand for this feature. Thanks!

1 Like

The cues and loops are intimately tied to the beatgrid. I assume you want that imported too and forego the, IMHO. better djay Pro Fluid Beatgrids™.

2 Likes

I agree the Djay grids are better.

I feel like quantize set to 1 beat be enough to enable consistency on the beat when triggering cues and loops. That’s how it is today when I use Mixo to transfer the cues from rekordbox to Serato via meta tags before import to Djay. The cues are slightly off the grid, but good enough and with quantize the track snaps to the grid almost immediately after triggering it.

The goal is to simplify the workflow and cut out extra steps like using Mixo. Today this also alters all my meta tags and then causes my hard drive backups to go bonkers because any change in any file causes the backup process (Backblaze and windows backup) to run a new backup of all my files (11k tracks).