Reloop/Algoriddim ultimate Stems mixer......

In my quest to find the ultimate Stems mixer to use with Djay Pro, I stumbled across the Reloop Touch…

What I propose, is Algoriddim get together with Reloop and relaunch this mixer, pre-mapped and branded with Djay Pro.

Pros:

1. Algoriddim have worked with Reloop before on releases such as the Beatpad. (Incidentally the mixer that first introduced me to how amazing the Djay app is) so this should be an easy collaboration to setup.

2. The mixer is already made!!!

The Reloop Touch was a failed attempt at a dedicated mixer for Virtual DJ.

It was always going to fail IMO… Virtual DJ software works with every DJ controller already on the market. Why would anyone buy that mixer in particular, when you already can use any mixer on the market?

I’m sure Reloop would be grateful to give it a new lease of life with a successful relaunch and benefit from all the sales, with very little work on there behalf.

1. USP and killer feature:

It has 4 up faders per channel, that could be mapped to the individual stems in the Djay software!!!

On the original release of this mixer, these were used to control effects.

Please believe me when I say the 4 faders/Chanel to control the stems is going to take off massively in mixer hardware now stems has finally become popular.

This killer feature is only available on one other mixer, the now discontinued Traktor S8.

1. Algoriddim would have a branded mixer that sets the standard in stems mixing hardware, and introduces users to the joys of the Djay pro software straight out the box.

2. This must be one of the easiest and quickest 'Win-win" proposals for both companies…

*Algoriddim Map it

*Reloop make it

Job done!!

Cons

1. Mixer would require new graphics/labels for faders and controls to signify their functions.

2. DJ community would be aware it’s an old mixer rebranded.

3. Reloop may no longer have the tooling to start manufacturing the Reloop Touch Mixer again.

4. If you don’t get in quick, Virtual DJ may realise it’s potential as a stems mixer and re-release it.

I would be most grateful if you could forward this suggestion onto all the relevant departments for consideration.

Thank you

Thanks for the suggestion @Stuart_Burton! Good idea. I have forwarded this to the dev team for consideration.

1 Like

Thank you @Slak_Jaw
Much appreciated… right now the market is crying out for a Stems controller with these features.
Algoriddim has a great opportunity with Reloop to be first to market with the ultimate stems controller IMO.
:pray:t3:

You’re welcome @Stuart_Burton

Great suggestion!
Looks a topnotch controller. I never knew about. A bit “old school” though, with the multitudes of faders, lol!. If i were to take this idea up another level, I would create a standalone controller with embedded djay architecture under the hood, jog displays, XLR outputs, HDMI output and a patented DMX lighting capability. Yeah, and charge a kidney for it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @Armigo
Would you mind hitting the vote button please, at the top of the thread.
:+1:t3:

@Armigo I’m liking your idea of HDMI out and DMX control.
Embedded Djay architecture would definitely be taking it to the next level.

The multitude of faders are perfect for stems control…I think we’ll be seeing a lot more of this with the sudden rise in Stems popularity.
Thank you for your feedback.
Much appreciated.
:pray:t3:

1 Like

@Slak_Jaw
The more I think about it, the more I think the built in display could be an issue…

Trying to get the built in screen to mirror and respond like an iPad is going to be a nightmare!!!

I’d ditch the built-in screen, keep the cost down and turn the space into an iPad/MacBook stand or dock.

@Stuart_Burton, thanks for the additional info. I’ve passed this onto the devs.

1 Like

Take away the screen and jogwheel, and add Four FX Pedals & FX pads at the top.

1 Like