Reloop Mixon 4 Audio Issue

Reloop Mixon 4
MacOS Sequoia
djay Pro 5.2

Hello community, I hope you are well.

A technical issue came up with my Mixon 4 where the audio on the output for monitor channels has a crackle that distorts and interrupts the audio feed unpredictability which I can’t have when live.

I am unsure what this is, if it needs to get fixed and where I need to go to get a problem with my controller solved.

T

1 Like

Hi @nowstanding, I would try the following (1 at a time, not all of them at once so you can isolate the issue):

1. Different USB cable (ideally high quality with dual ferrites on either end).
  2. Try connecting to a different power outlet and preferably through a high quality powerbar / surge protector.
  3. Different RCA cables (preferably high quality and properly shielded).
  4. XLR cables instead of RCA.

Please also provide more details on your computer and the exact version of macOS. Thanks!

1 Like

Also, I’m pretty sure the Mixon 4 has 2 USB sockets on the back so you could try connecting to the other one and adjusting the inputs on the controller.

1 Like

Did the issue show up after you’ve upgraded to Sequoia?

Not sure if it’s related, but in general you don’t want to be first out of the gate with (i)OS updates when you’re using (pro) audio stuff. Issues will pop up. This happens all the time unfortunately.

It’s better to stay safe, keep an eye on the forums and wait for a couple of weeks (after the official release of a product).

@Slak_Jaw maybe it’s a good idea to make a sticky post ‘sit out OS updates’…

2 Likes

Thanks I can have a try!

1 Like

I will check again what update it was on, good point.

1 Like

Hi @nowstanding, just following up to see if the above suggestions addressed your audio issue.