reloop mixon 4 mic input not working with algoriddim mac or ios

reloop mixon 4 mic input not working with algoriddim mac or ios . i have all the correct settings yet no mic input signal anywhere on 2 separate reloop mixon 4 controllers . Quite annoying as all other functions work . There was an old thread on this topic but ot was closed with no answer givin at all. the reloop mixon 4 has a bug with algoriddim where the mic input does not work with that software or ios app . it needs to be fixed . 3 different properly working mics tested . if there isnt an update fixing this issue im going to unsubscribe from algoriddim.

I have the same issue. Trying to connect a Sennheiser e945 with a balanced XLR- cable but it is not recognised by DJay Pro AI. Does this only work with a connected interface or what’s the setup here?

@Fabian_Wiktor

1. Can you please a screen shot of your Audio Device Setup?
  2. Also, what what device are you using (MacBook, iPad, iPhone, etc.?
  3. What OS version and djay Pro AI version?
  4. Do you have an active djay Pro AI subscription?

Hey @Slak_Jaw ,
thanks for the quick reply!
Attached my setup in the file.

Running a MacBook Pro 16inch 2021, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM with Mac OS Sonoma 14.0.
DJay Pro AI is at Version 4.1.10 and has a running subscription.
I also updated the firmware on my Mixon 4 to v2218 today.

Thanks and cheers

@Fabian_Wiktor you’re welcome. It looks like the Mic channel on the Mixon 4 is not accessible to djay. My guess is that it’s wired directly to the Master on the Mixon 4. Try switching from Mixer Mode > Internal to External.

Tried that, but still doesn’t show up.
Mic normally wouldn’t need a battery or external energy source, right?
Are you using any form of interface or other software?

@Fabian_Wiktor I understand that the mic still doesn’t show up with External Mixer Mode, but try testing it with those settings anyway to see if it works.

@Fabian_Wiktor as for the microphone, some do require external/phantom power to work. The Mixon 4 does not provide this type of power so you definitely need to use a Dynamic Mic instead of a Condenser Mic.

Just tested it, nothing to be heard unfortunately.
The mic is a dynamic mic.
Very strange…

@Fabian_Wiktor sorry that didn’t work. Sounds like it could be a hardware limitation or possibly faulty hardware or cables.

1. Have you tried different cables?
  2. Have you tried the mic with Serato, Virtual DJ or with a different controller or mixer?
  3. Also, I would send a support email to Reloop to see what they have to say. Maybe there’s a specific setting or different firmware that needs to be used.

@Slak_Jaw thanks man!
The cables should work fine. I used them as output from the controller to a speaker and all worked well.
Haven’t tried with a different software yet, but I will let you know once I have the results there.
Reaching out to Reloop might be another solution.
:handshake:

@Fabian_Wiktor you’re welcome. Hope that helps. Please report back here on your findings either way.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.